Thread: Fulltone closing its doors?

Fulltone closing its doors?

I hope it’s just a hoax. I really like Mike’s work

https://guitar.com/news/gear-news/fu...wn-california/

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: Fulltone closing its doors?

I read it as Mike has had it with the PC bullshit and the socio-economic climate in the Peoples' Republic Of California. Frankly, I cannot fault him. I don't know why anybody would put up with the bureaucratic crap that the state is notorious for. Fulltone's departure is but one of a long line of profitable businesses which have departed. California should change its motto from "Eureka" to "BOHICA".....

bend over here it comes again!
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

TFF Stage Crew

That's a bummer. Looks like he's fallen to the woke mob

The alleged memo:

I couldn't find anything about any of this on Fulltone's social media or website, though.

That's a shame, but I don't blame him. I have the Full-Drive 2 Overdrive/Boost Pedal and use an 18 Volt DC transformer.
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

Music Radar has it, but hedges its reportage by adding "reportedly" to the article headline. https://www.musicradar.com/news/fulltone-effects-pedals-closing

I agree with Phantomman. If this is an accurate memo, the take-away is that Mike is moving out of an economically collapsing state to a fresher community where he *might* make some boutique gear (his line about 'vigorously' defending his trademark and patents and building 'a few' pedals here and there).

And if he's planning on retiring, why not? He doesn't owe it to anyone to stay in business. His comment notwithstanding that if it weren't for the 10, 15, 20 and 26 year employees, he'd have closed it years ago, some people find retirement the next step in their life path.

The founders of the company I work for retired a year ago. However, they didn't shutter the place, but sold it off to investors, who are doing what investors do: Trying to grow the business so they can later sell it or take it IPO. They didn't have to; that was their choice.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

It’s kinda weird that the information still hasn’t been confirmed

It's funny, everyone talks about it's because of Califorina, woke, etc, but taking that memo at it's face,
    it seems that it has to do with finances. Especially with the cost of materials, it's hard to balance a reasonable prices for his pedals versus being able to turn a profit - or at least not lose money. Add in costs of labor, facilities and so on (||OK, that might be related to the state) and costs have been skyrocketing since covid at least.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.