Thread: "Fuzzy" covered '60's Fenders

"Fuzzy" covered '60's Fenders

I posted at "other" page as well----------------Anybody else seen any guitars from the '60's covered with the "velvety", "plush" stuff? It's the same thing that FOXX used on some pedals. I've seen 3, 1 of which I still have ('68-ish Jazzmaster<not sure, it's in storage> Navy blue body,red guard). I have reason to believe this was done at Fender. The Jazzmaster was acquired fron a guy who's pals worked at Fender, and they did some DOCUMENTED work on a couple of his instruments that I bought from him years later. The above mentioned guitar was a gift to him from one of his Fender buddies. The other 2 - an Orange covered Jag, and a Red covered Mustang, I saw 20 and 14 years ago respectively. No, I don't know where they are now. If I did, I'd have them. If you too, have ever seen one, let me know. I WILL be digging the JMstr out soon, and would be glad to post or e-mail pics. Later........................
    Sell me that guitar!

Sounds cool. I would like to see the pics!

Back in the 60's in woodshop class we used to do that to the bottoms of pen holders and wood things we made. Its called flocking LOL. WHat you do is apply a thin coat of glue then spray on the flocking material which is sorta like felt. As I remember it came in green red and orange.

FLOCK describes it well!
    Sell me that guitar!