I'm up, saw a few unread posts, but no Sunday thread, so here goes...

This was an "on" week, where I worked all day every day. This coming week will be more like part-time work, so I get a breather. This Tuesday, it's theme night at the club, and the theme is "work." I have two songs I'm actually anxious to play: The Vogues' Five O'Clock World and the Hoagy Carmichael tune, Lazy Bones. I like the way Leon Redbone did it, so I'm using that as my inspiration. It's been fun learning two new (for me) pieces, and I've realized that's the best thing I like about this club!

My daughter and family are back from vacation, but she has no idea when the insurance company is going to appraise her Highlander. She's got a rented RAV4 in the meantime, to haul around her kids and their stuff.

The heat spell is done. At least for now. It was like old times, getting up and out early, so by the time I get home again, I'm not all drenched in sweat. Summer isn't over yet, but maybe this is the early turning of the season?

So, today is my chief day of rest. Church in a couple of hours then some quality time with my new Furch Little Jane and my Taylor 652e (the 12-string on which I'm going to perform Tuesday). How about you?