Thread: Summer Doldrums - Sunday Thread

Summer Doldrums - Sunday Thread

I'll take a stab this morning. Ann is headed to church, me getting ready for breakfast. Today we're headed to Clinton to the outlet mall. Since I lost so much weight (51 pounds) none of my pants fit. I need to restock. Down from 36" waist to 33" (and maybe 32?). The weather is actually nice - we sat out on the deck last night eating dinner. That was fun! One more week of work and then vacation. I'm off to Nashville to visit my birth-family again. It has been one amazing journey. After vacation it's back to the real world, with my gall bladder coming out on September 6. Have a great week, everyone!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Summer Doldrums - Sunday Thread

You and I must be on the same wavelength, GJ. This isn't the first time we've cross-posted Sunday threads. Maybe Cogs will merge them to avoid confusion?
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

My girlfriend’s son just had her second grandson yesterday morning.

It’s a poignant Sunday with a new human on this planet.

Good vibes to all!
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

weather has finally broken here, it's going to be 80s instead of 90s, yesterday was only 70s and last night my hands were actually cool when I went outside for a sesh.

bro's gone out for a few hours so I'm going to plug in the Epiphone LPC and hear the pickups for a while. I was going to get this guitar ready to sell but made the mistake of playing it last night and remembering why I still have it.

waiting for some lights to come in, hopefully tomorrow and put them up in the basement. I'm itching to get going down there. Figured out that two large pieces of duct there aren't even necessary, reducing them would make it substantially easier to cover the ceiling should I decided to do so. The question is how to do it.

have a great day, I'm outta here to run errands
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

A little late to the game today but still enjoying life so, what the hey…as they say.
    It started out as kind of a crumby, overcast day with a little drizzle falling and just a do-nothing feeling in the air. One of those days where you just don’t give a rat’s patoot. Me and the missus just sat and watched an old John Wayne movie called Angel and the Badman and, Shazam, just like that, life feels normal again. I guess the Duke can do that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    A little late to the game today but still enjoying life so, what the hey…as they say.
    It started out as kind of a crumby, overcast day with a little drizzle falling and just a do-nothing feeling in the air. One of those days where you just don’t give a rat’s patoot. Me and the missus just sat and watched an old John Wayne movie called Angel and the Badman and, Shazam, just like that, life feels normal again. I guess the Duke can do that for you.
    That's funny. I watched an old (1960) black-and-white movie, The Gallant Hours. It's a semi-documentary about Vice-Admiral William F. Halsey, Jr. and the days leading up to and following the allied victory at Guadalcanal. Starring James Cagney and Dennis Weaver (Chester, of Gunsmoke fame).Not a battle scene in the entire movie, but still very well acted and factually accurate.

One of the issues I have with movies today is that they rely too heavily on makeup and special effects and not enough on plot and character. I enjoyed it!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Played bass at one church Sat night and did my church online today. Did some laundry, but the major item is I finished and submitted taxes. Had filed
    for an extension to wait for forwarded items from my old address.
    Mark