Thread: The Sunday Thread for July 31, 2022

The Sunday Thread for July 31, 2022

I know it's earlier -- ever for me -- I'm headed out to the airport to catch a cross-country flight. I'm off on business for a brief two days, but that also means two days of travel, so I'll be out of pocket until Wednesday evening. The mother ship has called a meeting of the tech staff, and I'm part of that, so off I go.

My KLŌS travel guitar is packed, and I put an extra set of strings in the case. Changing strings in a hotel room is a relaxing pastime for me, so it's a win-win for me.

I'll be checking in periodically. So, let us all know what's on your plate for the week, 'k?
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Re: The Sunday Thread for July 31, 2022

Getting ready to go play bass at church. Then it’s catch the F1 race and put a LR Baggs Anthem system in my Guild 12 string.
    Mark

It’s supposed to be a beautiful day here on the west shore of Lake Michigan so I think we’ll take the new Vette out for a breakfast run and then, maybe, an afternoon cruising the Kettle Moraine.

Hope all have a great week!

I was up early by my standards. But then they're pretty low to begin with. Since the a/c broke and I had a warmer bedroom, I've been sleeping great. 8 solid hours. Problem is, I've been going to bed often well after 2 o'clock. Since I had something to do this morning, I behaved myself last night and got to bed earlier.

We delivered a stand alone a/c unit to my sister. The central a/c in her condo croaked about the same time ours did, except their repair guy (association rules) can't replace it until the end of SEPTEMBER. WTH??? it's a rental and she doesn't have the money to go outside the 'rules' and get it replaced herself. There was a quote of 14K to replace both the a/c and the heat.

I was up early, so I paid my bills for the month of August. Still trying to sell stuff, getting a few more views on Reverb. Still haven't looked at that Explorer yet. I should tell them I'll pass on it. I had a moment this week when I thought of getting rid of everything but one guitar and one amp, since I'm not playing worth a shit these days. The draw of the music room is not very strong right now, the prospect of not ever getting it set up was looming large in my mind. I sure as hell can't afford to build a room down there, even if I don't buy anything for a year. Selling my gear at a loss isn't going to get a room built either. Nothing is moving these days anyway.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Well I didn’t get around to installing the acoustic pickups, but did pick up a side gig as a bassist on weeks where I do not serve at my church.
    Mark