Thread: Fender Speed Slick String Cleaner Question

Forum Member

Fender Speed Slick String Cleaner Question

So I just got the Fender Speed Slick product, it´s a guitar string cleaner that I thought was a good idea to try out, however, I have a classical guitar that needs some string cleaning and I was wondering if this Speed Slick product is usable on the strings of a classical guitar.

The package of the product has some text saying "The Fender Speed Slick cleaning solution is safe for any finish and/or fingerboard wood.", and it sounds convincing and all but I want to be absolutely sure about using this on a classical guitar. I was wondering if anyone has tried this and could help me out on confirming is this is a good idea or not.

Fender Speed Slick: https://www.fender.com/en-US/accesso...990521100.html

Re: Fender Speed Slick String Cleaner Question

I'd advise looking on the packaging for an ingredients list. When you're asking about a classical guitar, I assume you mean a nylon stringed instrument?

I use
    Stringjoy's Natural Guitar String Conditioner and they insist its 100% safe for strings AND fretboards. They back it with a money-back guarantee. If the Fender product reads "Do not get in eyes," or "wash hands after use," then you probably want to avoid it.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    I'd advise looking on the packaging for an ingredients list. When you're asking about a classical guitar, I assume you mean a nylon stringed instrument?

I use
    Stringjoy's Natural Guitar String Conditioner and they insist its 100% safe for strings AND fretboards. They back it with a money-back guarantee. If the Fender product reads "Do not get in eyes," or "wash hands after use," then you probably want to avoid it.

Yes, I am refering to a nylon stringed instrument.

In the package of the product it just says that it is safe to use on any type of wood or finish, it doesn´t have any kind of warning, so I assume it´s
    ok to use it on a classical guitar, but i´m just too afraid, im not convinced.

As far as I've read, it's basically a steel string lubing/corrosion preventing product.

I doubt it'll be of any use on nylon strings.

As for the woods being damaged, I believe it's a non issue, these products are intended to be applied on fretboards.

Welcome to the forum. Que guitarra tens? Saudações.