Thread: The Sunday Thread. July 24, 2022

The Sunday Thread. July 24, 2022

This is day six (or is it day nine?) of the longest heat wave we've had here in a long time. Well, at least since 2018. The combination of temperature and humidity today is expected to make it feel like 105°. So, I'm getting out early (it's just past 6:00am and it's 68°) to wake up my heart and lungs and then I'm probably going to spend the majority of the day indoors. I'll head out for church and put some gas in my road car, and then that will be it.

I'll be trying out my new Spark Mini amp, and then continue to frustrate myself trying to figure out how to copy 1,466 songs off an original iPod touch to computer/phone. That's the dirty secret of technology: It get abandoned so quickly. Yes, it's a thirteen year-old device, but it still works. But when it doesn't, I'd like to have a backup. Can't be done anymore, it seems.

Well, off we go. I hope everyone has a cool Sunday!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: The Sunday Thread. July 24, 2022

Today has been billed as the hottest day of 2022 (we'll see how accurate that ends up being). Yesterday I reset two toilets (yippie!) - one of my least favorite things to do when I was a plumber back in the 80's-90's. Mostly because once you exposed the floor there was no telling what you would run into. Luckily it was early so everything went back pretty easily. Native corn is really good right now so I'm eating several ears a day. Other than an early trip to the optometrist we will stay indoors and try and stay cool today.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Wow, I was up at 2:00 AM and was going to start this thread for once and then time slipped away and I totally forgot about posting. So…I hope all have a great Sunday and a prosperous new week!

day 7 of no central a/c, and like GJ, hottest day of the year yet. The window unit hasn't stopped running since I put it in nor do I expect it to. Hopefully tomorrow we'll get the central unit up and running. Bro ended up buying a stand alone unit for his bedroom. Maybe we can start running the central unit on 78 instead of 74 now. He can sleep in an igloo if he wants and I can sleep without gloves

I haven't done jack shit all week, it's been too hot. Mostly I sit in the living room with the fans and a/c window unit. My computer room is 82 degrees, won't be on very long before I retreat to the living room.

Oh and the explorer showed up at the store on wed?/thursday. I still haven't gone up to see it yet. Was hoping to have sold a bunch of stuff by now. So far not even a low ball or a trade offer on my bass. I usually don't like to list more than one guitar at a time but I may be changing my mind about that.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Today has been billed as the hottest day of 2022 (we'll see how accurate that ends up being). Yesterday I reset two toilets (yippie!) - one of my least favorite things to do when I was a plumber back in the 80's-90's. Mostly because once you exposed the floor there was no telling what you would run into. Luckily it was early so everything went back pretty easily. Native corn is really good right now so I'm eating several ears a day. Other than an early trip to the optometrist we will stay indoors and try and stay cool today.
    After almost 65 years I've come to the conclusion my body has no use for fresh corn.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

If it weren't for corn there'd be no bourbon.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    Good point. I do like my corn squeezin's
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    Good point. I do like my corn squeezins'.