Thread: Abbey Road

Abbey Road

It's summertime, and as I tend to do, I have a TV on in the background, as my "electronic fireplace" (sparkling colors and crackling noises). I don't usually watch, but as I need to surface from time to time after peering into a computer screen, it provides interesting distraction.

One of the sources I have is EarthCam TV. It's an app (on AppleTV) or a
    web site. Live webcams from around the world, usually displaying for about five minutes and then shifting to another.

The Abbey Road crossing made famous by the Beatles on their album of the same name is one such camera. I've watched this in rotation throughout the seasons. Now that it's summer, I'm seeing views that I didn't use to: Folks (tourists, no doubt) pausing while crossing, affecting the pose made famous by the Fab Four. Oncoming traffic seems to tolerate this. First, because they are required by law to stop for pedestrians, and second because they likely understand the significance of the locale.

Mindless fun. It's summertime!

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: Abbey Road

We have similar iconic locales in this country......Dealey Plaza in Dallas, the Dakota Apartments in NYC, the intersection of Haight and Ashbury Streets in San Francisco, etc.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."