Thread: EC Fender Tremolux - Missing Badge

Forum Member

EC Fender Tremolux - Missing Badge

Hi Guys, A big hello from over in the UK.

Ive just recently purchased a Fender EC Tremolux amp, but the “EC” badge which is normally situated in the lower right hand corner is missing.

I’ve asked the shop to try to locate it, but thought I’d reach out to see if any of you guys have one to sell? I know that some guys have removed them previously from their amps as they don’t care for the “EC” logo on the amp..

Can anyone help?

Thanks…

Re: EC Fender Tremolux - Missing Badge

welcome to the forum. That's going to be a really hard ticket to get. While some people may want to take it off so it doesn't look like they're endorsing ol' Slowhand, they also probably will hang on to their badge in case they sell their amp. You apparently got the one guy who didn't remember to put the badge back on, or heavens forbid, tossed it in the bin.

Good luck. I googled search for it and did not find one (assuming you did the same).
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    welcome to the forum. That's going to be a really hard ticket to get. While some people may want to take it off so it doesn't look like they're endorsing ol' Slowhand, they also probably will hang on to their badge in case they sell their amp. You apparently got the one guy who didn't remember to put the badge back on, or heavens forbid, tossed it in the bin.

Good luck. I googled search for it and did not find one (assuming you did the same).
    Thanks Dan…

Im assuming these badges are panel pinned to the wooden box and not just “stuck on”, so a person would have to remove them rather than them just “fall off”?

From the pictures I found online, the EC badge appears to be attached to the grill with two small nails. Do you see any evidence on the grill cloth that there were ever nails driven through it? Have you looked up the serial number on Fender's website to verify it is an EC model? I don't know anything about these amps other than what I've seen online, other than they are hand-wired. Have you had a look inside your chassis?
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Smith View Post
    From the pictures I found online, the EC badge appears to be attached to the grill with two small nails. Do you see any evidence on the grill cloth that there were ever nails driven through it? Have you looked up the serial number on Fender's website to verify it is an EC model? I don't know anything about these amps other than what I've seen online, other than they are hand-wired. Have you had a look inside your chassis?
    Hi Michael, Thanks for your reply. I’ve checked on the Fender website and it is an authentic EC Tremolux.

Behind the front grille cloth there is obviously a wooden frame. In the bottom right hand corner , the frame appears to have an additional 2ins of wood which suggests it was to accommodate the missing badge…

Would dearly love to get it back. The shop I purchased it from have contacted the guy who had it originally, but he’s away for a few days, so got to wait!

It's good that you were able to confirm that it's a genuine EC model. Have you looked inside the back of the cabinet to see if the guy threw it in there? It may be a long shot, but since you have the genuine article, perhaps Fender has a few badges left over. I don't know how long ago or for how long Fender made these EC amps.
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

Skip ahead to 37:30 in this video to see a discussion about your EC amp. Eric Clapton - History Of His Amplifiers - YouTube

Oh well, I guess I can't post the video link directly, but you can search YT for that exact title to see the video.
    Last edited by Michael Smith; 06-29-2022 at 05:23 PM.

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by 83bevrd View Post
    Would dearly love to get it back. The shop I purchased it from have contacted the guy who had it originally, but he’s away for a few days, so got to wait!
    You must steel yourself to the possibility (probability) that no badge will be forthcoming and decide whether or not you can live with the amp's resultant diminished tone.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Forum Member

Skip ahead to 37:30 in this video to see a discussion about your EC amp. Eric Clapton - History Of His Amplifiers - YouTube

Oh well, I guess I can't post the video link directly, but you can search YT for that exact title to see the video.

Thanks Michael…..I’ll keep you posted when the shop get back to me…

Michael, the link you posted works, but on my screen it isn't obvious that it's a link. However, using the "VIDEO" tags, I can post it here.

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Very detailed, OS......thanks for posting the full link.

[QUOTE=OldStrummer;657760]Michael, the link you posted works, but on my screen it isn't obvious that it's a link. However, using the "VIDEO" tags, I can post it here./QUOTE]

Thanks, Old Strummer. I forgot about the insert video icon. Clapton sure did have a lot of different amps in his career.

Clapton sure did have a lot of different amps in his career.
    +1

But he's never sounded better than his "Cream" era, with a Les Paul plugged into a pair of JCM stacks IMO.

I can't believe I watched the whole video but it was damn interesting.

100,000 dollars for 2 amps by Howard Dumble, holy shee-it
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I can't believe I watched the whole video but it was damn interesting.

100,000 dollars for 2 amps by Howard Dumble, holy shee-it
    The video was in my "recommended" list yesterday. I wasn't even looking for a video on Clapton, but I also watched the whole thing and when I remembered this thread I thought the OP might be interested in hearing a bit about his EC amp.