Thread: Jimmie's Six Strings Down

Jimmie's Six Strings Down

So many people love Stevie Ray Vaughan (myself included), however, as a Dallas area person and blues aficionado, I knew Jimmie before Stevie - especially with the Fabulous Thunderbirds. My daughters grew up with both Vaughan brothers and they loved Jimmie's tunes so much. Boom Papa Boom, I Like it Like That, and such.

I once took my oldest daughter to see Jimmie live at the Denton Blues Festival.

Jimmie is such an amazing blues artist. And I loved this song for so many years but this take is SO quintessential blues...guitar, amp, and vocals. Go Jimmie! We love you.

"...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Re: Jimmie's Six Strings Down

I saw him open for Eric Clapton during the Blues From The Cradle tour. After the show, I saw him in the lobby of the hotel where I was trying to get a seat at the restaurant/bar.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Thanks for sharing that! I'm a big Jimmie Vaughan fan!

Jimmie is amazing. Stevie always said Jimmie could play anything and I believe it. Good ol' Dallas boys.
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke