Thread: The Sunday Thread for June 19, 2022 - Father's Day

The Sunday Thread for June 19, 2022 - Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all fathers, past and present!

Yesterday I went to one of the many wineries in the area to listen to some of my friends in a band play. The weather was clear, sunny and mid-70s (but very windy). The food was good, the bad was on their game and it turns out the winery produces some gold medal wines, so I bought a bottle of red and a bottle of white to give to my son-in-law today for Father's Day.

The forecast for today is supposed to be the same, without the wind. I've updated some of my photo processing software and have taken a renewed interest in one of my older cameras, so I'll be going over to my daughter's with it in the hopes of capturing some family photos. The rest of the day will be routine Sunday stuff: Church, lunch, getting outdoors and working on practicing my next set for when I take the stage.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday, whether you're a father or not!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Re: The Sunday Thread for June 19, 2022 - Father's Day

Temp was cooled down the last couple days. Thinking church, get a car wash and then get some top down time and go to a local MIni Cooper meeting. After that, watch the F1 race.
    Mark

"Mini Cooper meeting!" My first car was a 1961 Mini Cooper. I love those little things!

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Day 3 of a 4 day weekend! Friday we took a load of scrap lumber to the dump, followed by spending the day with my new brother. I've only known him for a couple years compared to my adopted brother who I grew up with; hence new and old brother. We get along really well, especially since our political leanings are in totally the opposite direction. We agreed from the start that we would not let that impact our relationship so once in a while we'd catch ourselves starting down a slippery slope and just STOP!

Yesterday I met a couple old friends for coffee (It's no fun going to Dunkin Donuts when you are counting calories). One was up visiting from Texas so we all had a chance to catch up. Then my daughter took me to see the Jurassic World movie and dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse. The movie was pretty entertaining and we saw it in IMAX so it was pretty immersive.

Today we celebrate Juneteenth on the Amistad down in Mystic Seaport and tomorrow meeting my Texas friend for lunch at an outdoor hotdog stand on the Farmington River. Work Tuesday and then off all week to a conference in Boston. Red Sox game tickets already bought for Wednesday night. The guy I'm co-presenting with is in the middle of a case of COVID - have no idea if he'll test negative by Wednesday....

Everybody have a great week! I intend to!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

My son is coming over and I'll try to not overcook some steaks on the grill. I'll call my father later.

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    "Mini Cooper meeting!" My first car was a 1961 Mini Cooper. I love those little things!

A good friend is a member of a MiniCooper club and seems to do a lot of stuff with that group.

My wife and I took a country drive for breakfast and ran into several good friends we haven’t seen in quite a bit. One, whose husband passed away in December, we haven’t talked with since so it was nice touching base with her.

Hope all have a great week!

Happy father's day to all the dads out there. We are having a rather cool, cloudy and windy day while much of the country is roasting in triple digits. I was this >< close to putting the heat on this morning, I was freezing. My room was actually colder than I allow it to be during winter.

No plans today. I was going to grill some chicken but I think it's too windy. The grill went out last night once because of the wind and I had the heat on minimum. I kept it a little hotter the next time I lit it, overcooked my burger a bit.

Working on writing up the ads for gear to sell.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"