Thread: NBD Squier FSR 60s Precision Bass Sonic Blue

NBD Squier FSR 60s Precision Bass Sonic Blue

Saw this Squier FSR 60s Precision Bass for sale online and my local Guitar Center showed it to be in stock. I took a drive up there and checked out the one on the wall and was, not surprisingly, pretty impressed. On sale for $359.99, a pretty deep discount from the usual MSRP of $529.99. Lo and behold, they had a brand new one, too, in a sealed factory carton for me. I'm a happy camper!

I own a bunch of high end Fender guitars and basses but, lately, I've been very impressed with the Squier Classic Vibe lineup. This is my fifth Squier Classic Vibe in the past 6 months. You just cannot beat the value of these Classic Vibe Squiers, especially when they are on sale.

Here's a shot from the online listing:

Born in Fullerton, California in 1952

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: NBD Squier FSR 60s Precision Bass Sonic Blue

I'm curious that although the instrument is intended to represent a '60s-era bass, it lacks the tug bar and covers for the pickup and bridge. An oversight or......?
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Squier being Fender's "budget" line, accessories like the bridge and pickup covers, and the finger rest are not included. I did just order them online and will definitely install the finger rest, though I'll just tuck the covers in the case, which is on the way, too.

These Classic Vibes are some very fine guitars and basses for the money. In my old age, I am less willing these days to fork out the big bucks for more high end Fenders. I already have a bunch of those, anyway. I'm running out of room for new guitars and amplifiers; both spare bedrooms are overrun with them. At some point, I'm going to have get a bigger house or construct a music room outbuilding on the property!
    Born in Fullerton, California in 1952

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

I've played a few of the CV Strats and for the money I don't think they can be beat.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Forum Member

I should've bought one at Guitar Center.
    The 4th of July price was as good as it gets.