Thread: iPad Software for Performance?

iPad Software for Performance?

I thought I'd throw out this question given the wide range of expertise here:

To date, I've done all my live performances without the aid of a music stand or other "crutches," but there are some songs I find a bit more intricate, and having something to glance at to jog my mind and fingers would be handy. I've seen others use iPads (and even a laptop or two), and I can certainly ask them, but I thought maybe someone here could give me a jump start?
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: iPad Software for Performance?

i have an ipad sitting around somewhere, I think it's a second generation. we bought it for my mom, who never got the hang of it, we didn't know she was in early stages of dementia at the time. I hear, er, read all the time about people using theirs to record with. I'd be happy if I could use it as a remote control for my desktop. If I were to use an ipad on stage, it would be on a mic stand with a holder, of which there are many available. I could set up the audio interface, see what's tracking, sit in a comfortable spot where it sounds good and hopefully not have any edges or corners to worry about conking my guitars against like when I'm sitting at a desk.

I don't know if it's too old for that kind of stuff, I don't even know if it has Bluetooth but I'm pretty sure it has wifi.

Upon the Great Unpacking To Be, it will be found. My goal is to have that done by labor day. My summer job will be getting the basement up and running.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Forum Member

Re: iPad Software for Performance?

I have a tablet with some tunes I might be fuzzy on. I bought an app that allows you to download-pitch shift-and even modify the lyrics. It has a catalog format that is not hard to quickly find the tune you want.