Thread: Sunday thread - how are you going to spend the day?

Sunday thread - how are you going to spend the day?

Good morning all! Thought I'd beat OA to the punch today. We're having family over for a cookout this afternoon. Not much else planned. I'm putting the finishing touches on a rack to store a bunch of my fishing gear. It's scattered all over the garage right now (the gear, not the rack) and this will let me consolidate it a bit. Then maybe cutting the grass. Will definitely take a lot of time to think about those who sacrificed all to give us all a better place to live.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Sunday thread - how are you going to spend the day?

My wife and I plan on jumping on the Harley after church and heading out for our usual Sunday morning breakfast run with our friends. Because of the cold and rainy spring we’ve had there hasn’t been too much time spent on the bike so it will be a total two-wheel day.

Hope all have a pleasant Memorial day.

Working 11:30-6:30. Retail calls. But it's a beautiful day, and our store is big and glassed in, so I can see the sunshine, and that's a happy maker.

Looks like I have a couple of surgeries coming up. Aneurysms behind each knee and a big lump on my adrenal gland-90% of them that are found incidentally like mine are benign. I have no kidney problems, so I'm keeping the fingers and toes crossed. Waiting for the docs to tell me what's next. But life is beautiful, and I'll handle whatever when it comes.

On the good news front, my RA flareup has subsided. I even held a pick yesterday and played my black Strat.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I thought of starting a Sunday thread a couple of hours ago, but there's already a thread for Memorial Day weekend, so I passed. Thank you Willie, for keeping the tradition alive.

Only one Sunday service at church today, but it's gonna be a biggie. We have baptisms and then a community lunch with pizza and pupusas. I'm heading in to help set up.

This afternoon will be dedicated to watching baseball on TV and practicing a new song I want to perform on my 12-string Taylor, "Lather," the
    Grace Slick-penned paean to lost youth. Slick, by the way, is 82, and is also an artist of some renown.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

going to go grocery shopping, grill some chicken. Might even trim my nails and pick up a guitar. Lawds sakes, I've been neglecting playing for almost 3 weeks. No particular reason, just one of those down phases. My calluses are going to be mush. I've been spending my time prepping guitars for sale and not playing them.

My niece announced her engagement yesterday, her boyfriend proposed during their trip to Nashville. Don't know when the wedding will be. I've met his folks, they are very cool people.

we have a beautiful weekend after yesterday's thunderstorms and showers. I need to get out for a while so time to sign off. I want to go to the parade tomorrow, I haven't been in years. It will be a nice day for a change after a string of crappy Memorial Mondays.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

My allergies and/or lingering covid symptoms are soooo uncomfortable (mild asthma, wheezing, cough, bad sinus headache) that I'll be staying in, watching the Monaco GP and Indy 500, taking long hot showers, and drinking lots of fluids.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    we have a beautiful weekend after yesterday's thunderstorms and showers. I need to get out for a while so time to sign off. I want to go to the parade tomorrow, I haven't been in years. It will be a nice day for a change after a string of crappy Memorial Mondays.
    We expected those thunderstorms yesterday, events were cancelled, but they never came. I'm not complaining.

Been to the range with my old man and gladly he's shooting better than ever. He's very excited about his performance with his new 9mm pistol which, actually, he shoots better than me (I can't get used to these modern Glock style polymer frames and striker fire trigger courses, I'm a 1911 man).

Spent the rest of the day with my old folks, listening to music and right now I'm having a Heineken and getting ready to prepare one more Sunday evening Spaghetti al Aglio e Olio e Peperoncino. Not sure I've already posted pics but I am becoming a master of this simple, late night post war classic Italian dish:

The day I took this picture I used dried parsley, today I am going to do it with fresh parsley and I'll add grated Grana Padano cheese. My wife loves it too.

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcane View Post
    The day I took this picture I used dried parsley
    Dried parsley tastes exactly like GREEN CRUNCHY AIR.

When parsley is called for, always use fresh!
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    Dried parsley tastes exactly like GREEN CRUNCHY AIR.

When parsley is called for, always use fresh!
    Yes! I only used it that day because I didn't have time to buy a fresh portion that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcane View Post
    Been to the range with my old man and gladly he's shooting better than ever. He's very excited about his performance with his new 9mm pistol which, actually, he shoots better than me (I can't get used to these modern Glock style polymer frames and striker fire trigger courses, I'm a 1911 man).

Spent the rest of the day with my old folks, listening to music and right now I'm having a Heineken and getting ready to prepare one more Sunday evening Spaghetti al Aglio e Olio e Peperoncino. Not sure I've already posted pics but I am becoming a master of this simple, late night post war classic Italian dish:

The day I took this picture I used dried parsley, today I am going to do it with fresh parsley and I'll add grated Grana Padano cheese. My wife loves it too.
    Drool.
    |Is there a recipe for this?
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by jrgtr42 View Post
    Drool.
    |Is there a recipe for this?

Actually it’s pretty easy. I could type it but it’s so simple any online recipe will do.

It tastes much better if the Paraley is fresh. As for the pepper, I actually prefer dried flakes.

https://www.sugarlovespices.com/spag...chili-peppers/

Is that a hair on the plate? Eeewwwwww!
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Is that a hair on the plate? Eeewwwwww!
    No, it was a crack