Thread: anybody got an e-drum kit?

anybody got an e-drum kit?

we had a member who made the most awesome videos, multi screen stuff with real drums, keys, bass etc. He had guest musicians all the time. Haven't seen him in a while, hope he is well.

I clicked on a Roland banner for e-drums. Holy crap, they sure aren't giving them away

My former SIL bought a used kit for my nephew, I helped set it up or tried. It was not fully functional, which might explain the low price. Seeing as he didn't stick with it, she turned around and sold it off.

That experience with the less than optimal functioning has me concerned about trying to find a used kit, but man oh man, it's hard to justify that kind of dough if you know next to nothing about drums.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: anybody got an e-drum kit?

A buddy has an electronic kit. It wasn't one of the high end ones, but it sure worked great for live performances. It made mixing front of house a lot easier, and overall stage volume could be kept a lot lower.
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Smith View Post
    A buddy has an electronic kit. It wasn't one of the high end ones, but it sure worked great for live performances. It made mixing front of house a lot easier, and overall stage volume could be kept a lot lower.
    that reminds me, if I were to get an e-drum kit, I'd need some sort of PA. I can definitely see how being able to control the volume of the drums can ease stage sound pressures. Usually that's the limiting factor, trying to be heard over Animal bashing away
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    that reminds me, if I were to get an e-drum kit, I'd need some sort of PA. I can definitely see how being able to control the volume of the drums can ease stage sound pressures. Usually that's the limiting factor, trying to be heard over Animal bashing away
    For home use, I think you could play it thru a home stereo, as long as you have decent speakers. I've had a Premier acoustic kit for over 20 years, it's never left my studio and is in perfect condition. It's permanently miced up in a drum booth I built.

My buddy's band had a pretty extensive PA system for live performances, even though they weren't a big name band (but they all had decent jobs to be able to support their hobby).
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I could see a keyboard amp working pretty well.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    I could see a keyboard amp working pretty well.
    +1

And it could be mic'd for larger venues.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."