Thread: Epi Les Paul Traditional Pro

Epi Les Paul Traditional Pro

I bought this new in 2010. For whatever reason I can't find the receipt for it, but I don't think it was that expensive ($500 perhaps?). It has nice binding on the neck and top and the frets are smooth to the touch on the ends. On the back of the headstock it says "Limited Edition Custom Shop", but I don't think this means anything. They may have been sold exclusively thru Musician's Friend perhaps? Both volume knobs are push/pull to engage single coil or humbucker. The only complaint I have is that I can't find an allen wrench that fits in the truss rod nut. And I have lots of allen wrenches both metric and inches. For now I have it tuned down a half step and the action is fine, but I would like the ability to make adjustments if necessary. Stew-Mack has a tapered allen wrench for this situation, but I haven't bought one.

Overall, a decent guitar that came with a molded case.

"When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

Re: Epi Les Paul Traditional Pro

Epis are made with metric sized parts so a 4mm wrench will do the job for most of their truss rods.

I used to own a 2010 Les Paul Standard:

It was a nice guitar for the money.

Re: Epi Les Paul Traditional Pro

I tried a 4mm metric allen wrench, after reading some comments on a guitar forum, but that didn't fit (too loose). I did find another set of allen wrenches in my garage the other day when I was working on my finger joint jig, so maybe I'll try some of those.

That's a nice looking Les Paul you have (had). I'm not sure about the pickups in my Epi, I may have to do some research, but they sound OK.

5.26.22 edit: I was looking inside my Epiphone case this morning, and to my surprise, I found the allen wrench that came with the guitar. It does fit in the truss rod nut and does appear to be 4mm.

Also, I found the stickers that were over the pickups when the guitar was new, and they say that the magnets are "alnico classic".

Last edited by Michael Smith; 05-26-2022 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Found allen wrench
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top