Thread: Rainy Sunday morning - at least it will cool off...

Rainy Sunday morning - at least it will cool off...

So, our A.C. is showing its age and isn't cooling the house again. Pretty much every Spring they need to add freon to get it running. I'm hoping we squeeze another year out of it. The house is 17 years old so I know we're on borrowed time with the chiller. Had a couple (hot) sleepless nights this week so far. The guy can't come until Friday, but it is going to cool off a bit this week, so hopefully it won't get too uncomfortable.

Taking my 16 year-old grandson fishing this morning. I got him a nice fly rod for Christmas and am finally getting out to teach him how to use it. He seems to love the sport as much as I do, so I'm pretty happy that he wants to go. My dad didn't fish, so I was on my own learning.

Well, everyone - have a great week!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Rainy Sunday morning - at least it will cool off...

Got back from the Keys, scored a nice 30# cow. Spent Friday on my bass boat and then yesterday out on the big lake trolling for salmon. Some have said I like to fish. Today I'm staying home and being somewhat domestic along with a lot of practicing to sharpen up for upcoming shows starting next weekend.

If GJ wants to get a striper trip set up I'm all in. Reports are pretty good.

Work sucks and I was thinking about working another year but the way things are going I may just bag it and retire now. We'll see. Sometimes just letting things flow does a lot of good.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Chuck, my friend - any time, any place. That last time we went fishing was a blast!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

we should merge the two threads, they were started one minute apart

Slightly cooler here, humid. We're due for some thunder boomers today so I need to minimize my usual morning computer indulgence. I'd like to grill up some chicken for meals and snacks. One sport down, one on the brink, then there's just baseball until Labor Day.

I might do something very unwise, if it is still around today. The price is reasonable and if they do the same discount as the last deal, I may succumb. Why must they torment me so? It begins with F and ends with V. The store opens in an hour. Tick tick tick.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I went to bed with a headache and sore throat and got out of bed with a much worse headache, sore throat, wheeze, and 101 fever! Yuck! This sometimes happens to me in May- allergies hit me so hard that I get a mild sinus infection.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    we should merge the two threads, they were started one minute apart

Slightly cooler here, humid. We're due for some thunder boomers today so I need to minimize my usual morning computer indulgence. I'd like to grill up some chicken for meals and snacks. One sport down, one on the brink, then there's just baseball until Labor Day.

I might do something very unwise, if it is still around today. The price is reasonable and if they do the same discount as the last deal, I may succumb. Why must they torment me so? It begins with F and ends with V. The store opens in an hour. Tick tick tick.

If the V flys, an Explorer will be on its tail. That’s all I’ll say…
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

For once it us a beautiful, sunny 70° day here so we got a little time in the the Harley this morning while doing our usual Sunday morning breakfast run. The trees are budding out, the grass is green, the snowblower has been parked for the season, and the SS Badger has made her first run of the season…Life is good!

Hope all have a great Sunday and new week.

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    If the V flys, an Explorer will be on its tail. That’s all I’ll say…
    the flight plan was cancelled on the Flying V. While it was nice, it didn't inspire me enough to make the deal. I did however ask if they were going to get any Explorers. Yes they are, and I put my name in to be called when it arrives.

I think the Explorer would be a better guitar for me anyway. Much easier to sit down and play with. I've played a few Epiphone Explorers and they were fine. Should have grabbed that Korina one 11 something years ago but oh, well.

Give me time (hopefully) to get the other guitars sold.

Vs are fun, not sure I'd want one now that I'm getting an Explorer.

My 60th was last Monday, and my kids came to town to celebrate this weekend.

I got wonderful presents including a $100 Guitar Center gift card....

My bonnie got me a stool with the stand attached. It's a nice thing to have, perfect height. OS has one too, I believe.

I'm really grateful to have children and a partner who love me and think of me. I'm lucky.

Also, everyone was excited because rather than have the family wall of normal pics, we all dressed in cowboy gear and did portraits for a family cowboy wall.

If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    My bonnie got me a stool with the stand attached. It's a nice thing to have, perfect height. OS has one too, I believe.
    Happy birthday, Willie! I do indeed, have a similar seat/stand. I went out today and tortured the neighbors for a bit. Hey, a 12-string can't be objectionable, can it?

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Been a rainy Sunday here.

I am feeling better, the long term covid issues that have been torturing me seem to have started to subside. Neurochemical triggered anxiety is giving me a break at last. Damn, I wen through HELL these last few weeks.

My old man got his Taurus pistol and the proper permit and we went to the range yesterday. He's very happy with it. I am still waiting for mine to be available (paperwork takes a lot of time here) but I'm always with him, keeping him company.

He invited me for some wine and cheese (I still can't smell or taste wine well enough to enjoy it as I used to, so I brought a six pack of Mexican beers), and I am about to prepare some spaghetti aglio e olio e peperoncino for the family. I am addicted to this Italian recipe and modesty apart I make it very well.

We are facing a HEAVY strain of Chikungunya infections here, so everyone is soaked in bug spray daily, which means I am not touching a guitar for the next week or so. Anyway, the band is still on a sine die hiatus, and I am seriously considering taking a break from being in shape for a working band and playing my blues and Dead stuff just for my own pleasure for some time. I still ain't sure what I'm gonna do.

@Willie, happy B-day and cheers to your beautiful family! Is that your daughter in law? How are your two kids doing?

@Laker, good to hear you're doing ok, my friend! How's Barb? Best regards to her from me and my wife!

@Don, Melhoras, meu amigo! Hope you get well soon!

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I went to bed with a headache and sore throat and got out of bed with a much worse headache, sore throat, wheeze, and 101 fever! Yuck! This sometimes happens to me in May- allergies hit me so hard that I get a mild sinus infection.
    think you might get tested? I've had an astounding number of people around me testing positive in just the past 2 weeks, including my brother's boss, whom we were talking to just Monday night. I am being blasted by the pollen tsunami. It started in earnest Friday, and I haven't seen it this heavy this fast as we are getting it this year.

think you might get tested? I've had an astounding number of people around me testing positive in just the past 2 weeks, including my brother's boss, whom we were talking to just Monday night. I am being blasted by the pollen tsunami. It started in earnest Friday, and I haven't seen it this heavy this fast as we are getting it this year.
    Probably, though how I'm feeling is pretty common for me in mid May. But my boss tested positive on Friday.

Probably, though how I'm feeling is pretty common for me in mid May. But my boss tested positive on Friday. I'll stay home from work tomorrow and test in the morning.

Everyone I know who has had COVOD in the past few weeks describes those symptoms... good luck, amigo!

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

@Don--feel better soon.

It now appears COVID-19 has become WuFLU-22.
    Striving to be ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    It now appears COVID-19 has become WuFLU-22.
    I googled that without much success. What the hell is that?

I tested positive this morning. I had a video call with a nurse practitioner and paxlovid is on its way (I'm considered to be high risk because I have asthma).

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcane View Post
    I googled that without much success. What the hell is that?
    It's a bad joke, Sugarcane. COVID-19 originated in Wuhan, China. It's now become as commonplace as the flu. Therefore, the name (and year).
    Striving to be ordinary