Thread: FENDER STARCASTER PICK UP UPGRADE??? HELP

Forum Member

FENDER STARCASTER PICK UP UPGRADE??? HELP

HELLO: I'M NEW TO GROUP.

I HAVE A SQUIER STARCASTER...NOT A STRATOCASTER BUT STARCASTER. UPGRADING WITH Seymour DUCAN PSYCLONE FILTER TRONS.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE ARE SPECIFIC PICKUP RINGS FOR THE PSYCLONES? THAT WILL FIT A CURVED TOP STARCASTER.

I'VE ALREADY FIGURED OUT TV JONES FILTER TRONS ARE NOT THE SAME SIZE AS THE Seymour DUCAN PSYCLONE. SO BRIDGE PLATE PIECE I BOUGHT WILL NOT NO CROSSOVER FIT. I'M NOT AN EXPERT. TRYING TO FIND A SOLUTION.

THANKS

Re: FENDER STARCASTER PICK UP UPGRADE??? HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Sanke 72 View Post
    HELLO: I'M NEW TO GROUP.

I HAVE A SQUIER STARCASTER...NOT A STRATOCASTER BUT STARCASTER. UPGRADING WITH Seymour DUCAN PSYCLONE FILTER TRONS.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE ARE SPECIFIC PICKUP RINGS FOR THE PSYCLONES? THAT WILL FIT A CURVED TOP STARCASTER.

I'VE ALREADY FIGURED OUT TV JONES FILTER TRONS ARE NOT THE SAME SIZE AS THE Seymour DUCAN PSYCLONE. SO BRIDGE PLATE PIECE I BOUGHT WILL NOT NO CROSSOVER FIT. I'M NOT AN EXPERT. TRYING TO FIND A SOLUTION.

THANKS
    Welcome to the forum! As far as I know Psyclones are sized as any other humbucker, so you wouldn’t have trouble fitting them into your rings.

Otherwise, you can find spare plastics for a Starcaster on Reverb or specific sites and adapt them as you need.