Thread: GTX50 preset volume issue

GTX50 preset volume issue

I just got the GTX50. Before buying I watched a ton of video reviews, etc. Nobody mentioned something that seems an obvious problem. That is: There are big differences in loudness between presets. For example: I'm playing with preset one, which is a Twin. So I set the volume knobs on the amp where I want them. Then, when I switch to preset two, it is MUCH louder. This seems insane. Does this mean I have to go into each preset individually and modify the volume settings before I can use this amp? Why isn't everything defaulted to the same output level? Anybody else have this issue? THANKS. Steve

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: GTX50 preset volume issue

Volume discrepancies between presets was also an issue with Fender's "Cyber" series of amps. One would think they would've worked that out by now.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Assuming you can permanently set the volume level for each preset, it may be worth the time and effort to get a decibel meter and adjust each one. Perhaps there is a smartphone decibel meter app. I have a Radio Shack decible meter that I used when I did live sound for bands.
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

Forum Member

Different guitars are going to have different volumes. Just edit the volume on each preset. Just edit the presets period! Remember that the master volume is not saved for each preset. Edit the presets to have whatever volume that you want and use the master volume to adjust the overall level.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Smith View Post
    Assuming you can permanently set the volume level for each preset, it may be worth the time and effort to get a decibel meter and adjust each one. Perhaps there is a smartphone decibel meter app. I have a Radio Shack decible meter that I used when I did live sound for bands.
    GREAT IDEA, thanks Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by E Beau View Post
    Different guitars are going to have different volumes. Just edit the volume on each preset. Just edit the presets period! Remember that the master volume is not saved for each preset. Edit the presets to have whatever volume that you want and use the master volume to adjust the overall level.
    THANKS, that's helpful.

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

While I have zero experience with a GTX50, I have been Fractal since 2009. It seems normal patches are not equalized.

They have no idea of the guitars and or amplification rigs you will be using. At Least Fractal gain stages the presets correctly. You should ha e the ability to control the “patch level” inside of each patch. Please do not confuse this with input levels, amp levels, or any other level.

There are free apps for your phone for the dB. Get them within 3 Db and your golden. Now set your master output level and your amplification level to taste.

it’s not hard. Takes me all of 5 minutes to do a group of 5.
    Mark