Thread: Fender Tone Master deluxe Reverb Amp question

Forum Member

Fender Tone Master deluxe Reverb Amp question

Hi all, first post here.
    Just bought one of these. can't wait until it arrives.
    pairing it with my telecaster but wondering how the mic setup works if I would like to add vocals in the future. I have two mics I would be adding both into one jack so I would prob need a simple mixer and also XLR recorder if you had any great ideas for me.
    thanks, please let me know your thoughts on this.

Re: Fender Tone Master deluxe Reverb Amp question

vocals through a guitar amp?
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Forum Member

lol! so it's not possible?

Possible, yes......but you will not be pleased with the result.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    Possible, yes......but you will not be pleased with the result.
    how would you recommend me doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by pfadder View Post
    how would you recommend me doing it?
    that's a very loaded question, as in how loaded are you with money

What's your goal? Got neighbors ya wanna irritate, er, I mean entertain? Jamming with buddies? Coffee shop gigs? Stadium tours? Recording? Songwriting?

If you're recording/songwriting, two mics into a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation, for most people it is their computer) or even a cassette deck is doable. If I am not mistaken, the Tone Master line up has a line out, maybe even a dedicated recording line out, IDK. You can play the amp to hear yourself in the room, mic it or use the line out (or both!). Some people go as far as recording the guitar direct, mic'ing an amp and using the line out so they have three different tracks of the same guitar, plus whatever else be it vocals, drum tracks, bass, keys, djigeroo (sp?) It is quite common to use an Audio Interface to connect the guitar/mic/etc to the DAW.

If you're into the sharing of the pain, er, the music, there are a ton of PA options. Everything from 99 dollars to small sovereign nations' GDP. This is where you need to decide what you plan to do.

I'm looking at this from the other direction: If you want to sing and play through the same amplifier, why did you get the Tone Master Deluxe Reverb?

There are amps designed to run guitar and vocals together, but they are geared more for electro-acoustic guitars and not for solid-body or strictly electric guitars.

I don't think you mentioned what your complete rig is.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Forum Member

well I have a Peachtree nova 150 with KEF speakers, maybe I could somehow turn that into a vocal machine to annoy the neighbors.
    na it's nothing serious. just wanna play and have a little fun. get some impressive sounds out of the amp and maybe record them in very good quality.

that's a very loaded question, as in how loaded are you with money

What's your goal? Got neighbors ya wanna irritate, er, I mean entertain? Jamming with buddies? Coffee shop gigs? Stadium tours? Recording? Songwriting?

If you're recording/songwriting, two mics into a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation, for most people it is their computer) or even a cassette deck is doable. If I am not mistaken, the Tone Master line up has a line out, maybe even a dedicated recording line out, IDK. You can play the amp to hear yourself in the room, mic it or use the line out (or both!). Some people go as far as recording the guitar direct, mic'ing an amp and using the line out so they have three different tracks of the same guitar, plus whatever else be it vocals, drum tracks, bass, keys, djigeroo (sp?) It is quite common to use an Audio Interface to connect the guitar/mic/etc to the DAW.

If you're into the sharing of the pain, er, the music, there are a ton of PA options. Everything from 99 dollars to small sovereign nations' GDP. This is where you need to decide what you plan to do.

You've certainly spent a great deal of money just to obnoxitate your neighbors.

Forum Member

well help me out here. lets see how loud I can go. LOL

so what would you recommend me doing. I have optical in. so I need a DAW to connect the mics with an optical out.
    but how do I combine the guitar amp with the vocals now?

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    You've certainly spent a great deal of money just to obnoxitate your neighbors.

stereo amps make lousy PAs

Optical connectors are the province of digital playback devices, not guitars and mics

get a small mixer, 4 to 12 channels and a pair of powered PA speakers. It doesn't take a lot to get people calling the police to knock on your door

-or-

get an audio interface to connect to your DAW. Often there is software where you can mix your signals "in the box".

pair of small (3.5-5") powered studio monitors, forget about a powered sub for now

2 pairs of headphones, over the ears cans not ear buds. One closed back for tracking, one open back for mixing

Equipment is fine and dandy, the room has been, is and always will be the biggest detriment to getting a good sound. Humans are great at fooling themselves that something sounds good enough, mics are far less forgiving SOBs.

Oh, and have fun

Forum Member

Thanks for the help. appreciate it..... im working on this now. no neighbors to annoy. that is no issue.

stereo amps make lousy PAs

Optical connectors are the province of digital playback devices, not guitars and mics

get a small mixer, 4 to 12 channels and a pair of powered PA speakers. It doesn't take a lot to get people calling the police to knock on your door

-or-

get an audio interface to connect to your DAW. Often there is software where you can mix your signals "in the box".

pair of small (3.5-5") powered studio monitors, forget about a powered sub for now

2 pairs of headphones, over the ears cans not ear buds. One closed back for tracking, one open back for mixing

Equipment is fine and dandy, the room has been, is and always will be the biggest detriment to getting a good sound. Humans are great at fooling themselves that something sounds good enough, mics are far less forgiving SOBs.

Oh, and have fun