Thread: Locking Knobs / Pots to 10

Locking Knobs / Pots to 10

I recently traded a righty Epi SG bass for a righty Jackson pointy bass, the Kelly Bird. I did it on a whim, almost as a joke. But it's a great sounding bass that plays awfully well.

Of course the knobs are under my arm, perfectly positioned so that I can't help but to turn the volume down repeatedly, annoyingly.

I like the guitar and will keep it, but what can I do here.?
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Locking Knobs / Pots to 10

You could take the volume pot out of the circuit by running a jumper wire from where the existing wires connect to the pot. That way you would be at full volume all the time, regardless of the position of the knob.
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

Re: Locking Knobs / Pots to 10

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Smith View Post
    You could take the volume pot out of the circuit by running a jumper wire from where the existing wires connect to the pot. That way you would be at full volume all the time, regardless of the position of the knob.
    I would like to be able to use the knobs if I want to. I think that I have an idea for locking them, but i have to try it out. Thanks though.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison