Thread: Happy Easter Sunday!

Happy Easter Sunday!

Good day to all of you! Sunday morning will be filled with getting ready for the family to visit. We'll put out Easter Eggs around the yard for my granddaughter to find. Then it's starting to pack for our trip to Nashville next weekend, and playing with my new Weber Grill.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Happy Easter Sunday!

Happy Easter Sunday from the Greek port of Piraeus. I went today to the Temple of Poseidon in Sounio. It was the first day we had clouds and a touch of rain. Didn't matter. The scenery and the food has been great!

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Happy Easter my friends! It’s another cloudy, 30°F day here on the western shore of Lake Michigan and it’s starting to bum me out a tad. I have owned our new ‘22 Vette for about a month now and it has not been driven one mile thanks to this crummy April weather and the car’s “summer only” tires. Another casualty of this weather is the Harley hasn’t moved an iota either. Oh well, it gives me something to look forward to as the weather warms here.

I’ll be playing two weekends for an annual charity fund-raiser in a few weeks and our four days of rehearsal begin Monday. We’ll be playing a total variety of stuff covering Neil Diamond, Beatles, Four Aces, Bee Gees, Eddie Fisher, Buddy Holly, SRV, and a few more artists. About 90% of the tunes I’ve never played before so it’s quite a workout for me.

Hope all have a great Easter Sunday!

Happy Easter! It looks like a beautiful day here. My mother and stepfather are coming over, maybe my sister. We're going to keep it simple and cook some burgers on the grill.

there was this yellow thing in the sky this morning, don't think I've seen it before, got skerd and went back to bed. Then it was more normal raining weather when I finally got up. It even hailed. No egg hunt here. Zippo planned today. Last night, I started writing out a composition, in G. It has an 8 measure stanza or verse, whatever you call it, that gets repeated 3 times, an 8 bar bridge. That whole thing gets repeated twice and after the final bridge, one last verse/stanza and a long sustained fade out like "A day in the life". I counted the measures, x 4, divided by bpm and calculated the length. I put down a drum track. There was no guitar playing at all last night, just pencil and paper and calculator, and setting up the drum track in Logic Pro. I'm trying to decide if I want to put a bass track and then guitar track, which I don't recall ever doing before.

Spring is taking it slow but things are greening in spite of the brake pumping winter seems to be doing. I had a sneezing jag and runny nose the other night that I thought was a cold coming on. Thankfully that subsided. Had to quell a GAS attack the other day, came one click away from buying a Marshall amp head. Then I looked at my spreadsheet, and decided I liked the progress and direction the balance was going and elected to keep it heading in the right direction. Adulting sucks.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    there was this yellow thing in the sky this morning, don't think I've seen it before, got skerd and went back to bed. Then it was more normal raining weather when I finally got up. It even hailed. No egg hunt here. Zippo planned today. Last night, I started writing out a composition, in G. It has an 8 measure stanza or verse, whatever you call it, that gets repeated 3 times, an 8 bar bridge. That whole thing gets repeated twice and after the final bridge, one last verse/stanza and a long sustained fade out like "A day in the life". I counted the measures, x 4, divided by bpm and calculated the length. I put down a drum track. There was no guitar playing at all last night, just pencil and paper and calculator, and setting up the drum track in Logic Pro. I'm trying to decide if I want to put a bass track and then guitar track, which I don't recall ever doing before.

Spring is taking it slow but things are greening in spite of the brake pumping winter seems to be doing. I had a sneezing jag and runny nose the other night that I thought was a cold coming on. Thankfully that subsided. Had to quell a GAS attack the other day, came one click away from buying a Marshall amp head. Then I looked at my spreadsheet, and decided I liked the progress and direction the balance was going and elected to keep it heading in the right direction. Adulting sucks.

care to elaborate on what the yellow thing looked like?