Thread: What guitar-related stuff are you wanting to buy?

TFF Stage Crew

What guitar-related stuff are you wanting to buy?

Maybe not in the next 48 hrs, but soon?
    Me, I'm hoping to get a good Leslie simulator, & right now it's a draw between the Strymon Lex & the Neo Mini Vent. I am open to suggestions & recommendations though
    How about you?

Re: What guitar-related stuff are you wanting to buy?

Well, a second amp would definitely be an option, maybe a Peavey Classic 30.

Also, I am seriously considering a Boss DS-2 for a particular project.

Locking tuners for my lefty Strat.

I'm trying to find something marshall-y for my 4x12 cab. Eventually I want 2x12 vertical cabs for each of my princetons. My guitars' want is met for now, except for a '58 style Flying V or an SG Jr, without any vibrato/tremolo.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Currently on a vacation trip, but when I get home I'm thinking of buying a Taylor 322ce.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

I'm yearning for something Marshall flavor. There's a DSL20 H amp head not far from me, reasonable price and very good condition. I had a DSL15 H in my cart on Reverb and approved for a 12 month payoff. But I didn't pull the trigger, after looking at my spreadsheet of bills. I had finally got below a magic number and didn't want to wipe out a month's work. I'm striving to be all paid off in before the end of '23 and I need to stop buying stuff. I got a refund for a strat trem bridge that never came so that helped too. Anything I sell, if I sell, will help towards the music room-to-be.

I'm also looking at bass amps and cabinets. There are lots of cabinets out there. I want something with huevos, like a 2x15, 4x10 or 8x10. Saw one of the latter for 150 dollars, local pickup only. Gee, don't want to ship an 8x10 cab?

Quote Originally Posted by Cogs View Post
    Maybe not in the next 48 hrs, but soon?
    Me, I'm hoping to get a good Leslie simulator, & right now it's a draw between the Strymon Lex & the Neo Mini Vent. I am open to suggestions & recommendations though
    How about you?
    For my keyboards I use a Roland RT-20. I like the sounds it makes and with an expression pedal you have total control over how much rotary effect is used. I didn't like how it sounded with guitar, but on keys it sounded pretty realistic.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

TFF Stage Crew

I ended up w/the Strymon Lex & it is a fantastic pedal. Now my eyes are looking toward the Strymon El Capistan.
    I'm also looking into the JHS Emperor chorus (it has a tap tempo!) & a Ramble FX Marvel Drive. Crunchy Plexi sounds in a pedal. Check out this guy giving it a go:

Quote Originally Posted by Cogs View Post
    I ended up w/the Strymon Lex & it is a fantastic pedal. Now my eyes are looking toward the Strymon El Capistan.
    I'm also looking into the JHS Emperor chorus (it has a tap tempo!) & a Ramble FX Marvel Drive. Crunchy Plexi sounds in a pedal. Check out this guy giving it a go:
    that was interesting indeed, talk about some serious interactivity amongst the controls.

google shows the version in the video with the on/off button for presence apparently replaced with a version the presence has a rotary pot. any recommendations?

TFF Stage Crew

It's actually a tiny knob & you can see him messing w/it around 3:20. I'm apt to pick up a v.3 because of the convenience of that knob layout, but finances are going to figure into that also