Thread: Sunday 4/10 thread

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Sunday 4/10 thread

Well how about I start one. Getting ready for church. I’ll be playing there in a month as rather than a call after the audition, I simply got scheduled LOL. Need to finish the closet today and we are also heading out to look at 23 acres. We will be close to my mother in law so we will also stop by there.
    I received a potential PT contract job offer. It’s more than I can take on with my day job, playing at church, and also with a secular band, so I think I’m going to have to bow out of the last. I owe it to myself to investigate this contract role as I may be able to convert it to a true employee role. Pay is great, take away some for benefits and I may have now found the new day job. It would allow us to move to where we want to and not quite double my current pay.
    Mark

Re: Sunday 4/10 thread

Good morning! We are going to see our granddaughter perform in a school play this afternoon. She's 8 and I'm sure it will be cute. These things tend to drag on and on, however, and I find myself sounding more and more like my dad - "OK, we saw her - let's go!"

Have to figure out how to get a racoon out from it's nest under my shed. I hear hot sauce liberally applied to the area is a good way of moving them out... we'll see.

Still waiting for my new Weber grill to arrive. The original order ended up back at the distribution center and they credited my account. I had to fight with them because the price went up $120 when I ordered the second time - they resolved it finally. I am hoping to see it delivered tomorrow. Luckily, my meeting tomorrow night was cancelled, so I can assemble it tomorrow after work and be cooking some nice ribeyes before the evening is over.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I believe today is the first time I’ve seen a clear blue sky in, maybe, two weeks. For the last week it would either rain or snow and then the temps would rise enough to melt everything off. Just miserable weather.

Hope all have a great Sunday!

Woke up late with a crazy wish to have a hot dog for breakfast. No idea why. Luckily there was a pack of sausage readily available in the fridge. Ate hot dogs with Frank’s Red Hot and black coffee. Maybe I’m sick?!

I guess I could make a version of Roadhouse Blues lol… “Well, I woke up this mawning, and I got myself a hot dog”.

Will spend the day resting with my wife, and in the evening I’ll probably visit my parents and have a beer or six with my father. He’s feeling great because he did very well at the shooting range yesterday.

Snowing here, haven't seen the sunshine in a long time. They're replacing the roof on my house. Got the front done but now they need to do the back. So, besides the cold rain and snow I have to navigate past dumpsters, trailers and pallets of shingles.

Also getting a floor-to-ceiling kitchen remodel. If I can keep the wife from choosing SubZero and AGA appliances it should only cost slightly more than our first house did, lol! Price of stuff is getting crazy. Plan is to get the house sharp and modern and then retire and sell and move to the Keys or maybe do the ex-pat thing and move to Panama or Spain. Hell, I should just move to Brazil and play with Sugarcane.

Went out to the barn and put the tractor battery on charge, I have a new trailer hitch system for it I have to install. If it gets bearable outside maybe I'll grab the Buddy heater and go to work on it.

Lots of fishing gear maintenance going on, heading to Key West in a couple for a tournament. Will be nice to see some warm weather.

Several shows booked for next few months. Wedding and reunions mixed in with a few club dates. My new rig is an ass-kicking mother-effer and that sure makes playing a lot more fun.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

On Friday I had one of those dreaded procedures that we all face about every ten years after we turn 45 or so. To be honest, the procedure is no big deal, but the prep sucks and is time consuming!!!!! Prep on Thursday, procedure on Friday, lingering effects of prep into Saturday! Anyway, the result was fantastic! They found nothing, jut like last time, and I can feel good about that.

It's a beautiful day here. We need to go for a walk!

we've had a lot of showers this week but thankfully no snow. for some reason, the driving has been particularly daft this week. WTF is going on?

Got out my Epiphone LPC with the single P-90. Never plugged it in, didn't need to. That thing is so loud it is practically an acoustic guitar. Honking huge neck, surprisingly light.

So far, I'm not getting anywhere in eliminating any guitars from my collection.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I'm sitting at a table in an outdoor restaurant in the port city of Ermoupoli on the island of Syros, Greeceas I type this. The ship's Internet is broken, so this is the first time I've had a chance to get online in roughly a week. I've had a great time traveling to Delos, Mykonos, Santorini, Ephesus (Turkey), and Kos. There's still Delphi, Heraklion, and Rhodes before coming back to Mykonos for Easter. The weather has threatened us a couple of times, but each time the captain adjusts and we land in a port where the sun is shining, the sky is brilliant blue, and the temperatures might suggest a light sweater. It's Spring, so many of the locales are blooming with wildflowers, and the color riot is quite the sight!

I'm not sure when I'll have Internet again, so I thought I'd drop in and wish everyone well.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    I'm sitting at a table in an outdoor restaurant in the port city of Ermoupoli on the island of Syros, Greeceas I type this. The ship's Internet is broken, so this is the first time I've had a chance to get online in roughly a week. I've had a great time traveling to Delos, Mykonos, Santorini, Ephesus (Turkey), and Kos. There's still Delphi, Heraklion, and Rhodes before coming back to Mykonos for Easter. The weather has threatened us a couple of times, but each time the captain adjusts and we land in a port where the sun is shining, the sky is brilliant blue, and the temperatures might suggest a light sweater. It's Spring, so many of the locales are blooming with wildflowers, and the color riot is quite the sight!

I'm not sure when I'll have Internet again, so I thought I'd drop in and wish everyone well.
    Sounds like a cool trip!