Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Username change

  1. #1
    Forum Member S. Cane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ever heard of José Carioca?
    Posts
    4,428

    Username change

    I have been a little concerned about internet privacy, especially after reading our friend Ntbluesguitar's post a few days ago. So I am considering having my username changed (Sérgio is my real name).

    Could I have this done, please?

  2. #2
    TFF Stage Crew
    Moderator
    Cogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Burpleson AFB
    Posts
    6,805

    Re: Username change

    Sure. I can't do it for you, but I will put the word out. What would you like it to be?

  3. #3
    Forum Member S. Cane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ever heard of José Carioca?
    Posts
    4,428

    Re: Username change

    I'll use a funny nickname my bandmates gave me, Sugarcane

  4. #4
    Forum Member OldStrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,412

    Re: Username change

    There was an electric violinist named Don "Sugarcane" Harris, who played on records by John Lee Hooker, Frank Zappa and Johnny Otis. In 1970 Harris joined forces with British blues musician John Mayall when the latter was forming his first all American backing band.

    You'll be in good company.


    Striving to be ordinary

    Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

  5. #5
    Forum Member S. Cane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ever heard of José Carioca?
    Posts
    4,428

    Re: Username change

    Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    There was an electric violinist named Don "Sugarcane" Harris, who played on records by John Lee Hooker, Frank Zappa and Johnny Otis. In 1970 Harris joined forces with British blues musician John Mayall when the latter was forming his first all American backing band.

    You'll be in good company.


    Lol I didn't know that, the origins of my band alias are groupie related and I'll tell whoever wants to know by PM.

  6. #6
    TFF Stage Crew
    Moderator
    Cogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Burpleson AFB
    Posts
    6,805

    Re: Username change

    I was going to recommend "Sčrgio"
    Lol

  7. #7
    Forum Member S. Cane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ever heard of José Carioca?
    Posts
    4,428

    Re: Username change

    Name change done at the LPF.

  8. #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    0

    Re: Username change

    DONE!!!

  9. #9
    Forum Member S. Cane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ever heard of José Carioca?
    Posts
    4,428

    Re: Username change

    Thanks!

  10. #10
    Forum Member OldStrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,412

    Re: Username change

    At least now I won't have to press and hold my "e" key to get the accented version every time I write your name Sérgio. Er, Sugarcane.
    Striving to be ordinary

    Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

  11. #11
    Forum Member S. Cane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ever heard of José Carioca?
    Posts
    4,428

    Re: Username change

    Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    At least now I won't have to press and hold my "e" key to get the accented version every time I write your name Sérgio. Er, Sugarcane.

    haha I sent you a PM

  12. #12
    Forum Member OldStrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,412

    Re: Username change

    Yes, you did. I sort of figured it out. Thanks for the update.
    Striving to be ordinary

    Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

  13. #13
    Forum Member DanTheBluesMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Southern NH
    Posts
    4,589

    Re: Username change

    I never did figure out how to accent the 'e' so this will be easier.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

  14. #14
    Forum Member Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    11,142

    Re: Username change

    Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    At least now I won't have to press and hold my "e" key to get the accented version every time I write your name Sérgio. Er, Sugarcane.
    Wow! I just learned something!

  15. #15
    Forum Member S. Cane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ever heard of José Carioca?
    Posts
    4,428

    Re: Username change

    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Wow! I just learned something!
    Well, considering that you’re of Portuguese descent like me, I guess that’ll be useful, ‘cousin’!


  16. #16
    Forum Member S. Cane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ever heard of José Carioca?
    Posts
    4,428

    Re: Username change

    Like I told the moderation in private, the username Sugarcane didn’t feel as ok as I expected so I created this new profile in order not to pester the admin staff with another change.

    This one is fine, S. Cane

    However I can’t help it, I miss my original register date (2014) and post count, which I’m proud of (8 years being an official TFF dumbass! )

    Is there a way of merging the two user profiles or altering the post count and join date on this one?


    Thanks and sorry for the trouble, I swear it’s the last time :)

  17. #17
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    0

    Re: Username change

    Quote Originally Posted by S. Cane View Post
    Like I told the moderation in private, the username Sugarcane didn’t feel as ok as I expected so I created this new profile in order not to pester the admin staff with another change.

    This one is fine, S. Cane

    However I can’t help it, I miss my original register date (2014) and post count, which I’m proud of (8 years being an official TFF dumbass! )

    Is there a way of merging the two user profiles or altering the post count and join date on this one?


    Thanks and sorry for the trouble, I swear it’s the last time :)
    DONE!!! Now quit FUCKIN' AROUND, ya knuckle-head...

  18. #18
    Forum Member S. Cane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ever heard of José Carioca?
    Posts
    4,428

    Re: Username change

    Quote Originally Posted by TFF Admin View Post
    DONE!!! Now quit FUCKIN' AROUND, ya knuckle-head...
    Thank you, Sir! Will do, Sir!

  19. #19
    Forum Member OldStrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,412

    Re: Username change

    And now we get to call you, "S."
    Striving to be ordinary

    Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •