Thread: Fender Mustang GTX100 Firmware Update Issue

Fender Mustang GTX100 Firmware Update Issue

Hello, Collective!

Having learned of the demise of the "official" Fender Forums, I joined this one. I never knew it existed! I'm having an issue updating my firmware on my GTX100 amp. The amp is connected to WiFi via a 2.4G node. The amp has been hung for some 17+ hours now at the "DOWNLOADING UPDATES..." step. Does anyone know what is going on with this or if there is an issue on Fender's side? Apparently, I'm not alone, as a friend of mine is also trying to update his firmware on his GT100 and is having similar issues.

Thanks all,
    TD

Re: Fender Mustang GTX100 Firmware Update Issue

The issue may be that Fender has ceased supporting FUSE, and downloading updates may be affected. You might try an alternate site, like Softpedia.

(I have a Mustand II v2, but I haven't tried updating it lately).
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

In theory, the GTX100 will connect via WiFi without the Fender FUSE app. I've done it before with my GTX100 and my GT200, but it's been a while (1 year or less ago). The amp seems to recognize that there's an update available, but freezes when it tries to download it.

Problem solved. I did a Force Update over WiFi. Current version is now 3.0.96.