Thread: Fender Mustang LT guitar amps

Forum Member

Fender Mustang LT guitar amps

I have the LT 25 and the LT 50, that I picked up a few weeks ago. I gigged with the LT 50 this past weekend, two nights, on pedal steel and guitar both nights. I used an A-B switch to switch between pedal steel and guitar. I also used the 4-button footswitch and set up the two banks with pedal steel on the first preset of each bank, and three presets for guitar on the three remaining presets on each bank. On guitar, sometimes I will use the effects mode of the footswitch where I can stay on the same preset and switch individual effects on and off.

Some pedal steel players use very high wattage amps with one or more 15" speakers. I'm not one of those. I use small amps and mic them. I'm able to get sounds that I like very much on pedal steel and guitar with both of the LT amps. I know the 8" speaker on the LT 25 is a bit small, but it sounds good (to my ears) I think partially because of the closed back cab.
    Last edited by E Beau; 03-14-2022 at 08:47 AM. Reason: correct spelling/grammar errors

Forum Member

Re: Fender Mustang LT guitar amps

The amplifier holy grail for me is to find one that sounds good on pedal steel as well as guitar. I've purchased quite a few amplifiers in search of. These LT amps sound as good as anything i have tried for this application. Another nice feature on these amps is the built-in tuner. It is very stable and works well. I also have the Rumble Studio 40 that I play bass thru at church - tuner was a nice surprise on that one as well. I've shelved my portable tuners!