Thread: Fender Mustang LT25: How to Stream Sound from Amplifier

Forum Member

Fender Mustang LT25: How to Stream Sound from Amplifier

Howdy: I take guitar lessons remotely using FaceTime or Skype. Is there a way for me to stream the sound from my amp directly from my amp during the lesson? Right now, it’s just the mic and camera on my personal computer picking up my voice, guitar amp sound, and live feed. Ultimately, what I’m trying to do is not have to play as loudly on my end (I live in an apartment) but to send the sound from my amplifier to my instructor so he can control volume on his end. Any suggestions on whether this can be done? I’ve seen a lot of feedback online on connecting the amp to the computer to record but am not sure this applies to what I’m trying to do.

Re: Fender Mustang LT25: How to Stream Sound from Amplifier

I think you're on the right track. But much of it will depend on the amp and your computer. I recently saw a video where the player was running his guitar through a Spark amp and directly into his computer via the headphone out jack. So, the amp has to have the right kind of output, and your computer needs to have the proper means to take the signal.

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    I think you're on the right track. But much of it will depend on the amp and your computer. I recently saw a video where the player was running his guitar through a Spark amp and directly into his computer via the headphone out jack. So, the amp has to have the right kind of output, and your computer needs to have the proper means to take the signal.

Thanks, OldStrummer - I wonder if this requires an additional price of equipment or if the USB portal on the amp can connect directly to the computer and sort that out…

I see the Mustang LT25 has a 3.5mm audio port. The first thing I'd try is to simply connect my guitar with a 1/4" jack and the amp with a 3.5mm jack. You can likely get a straight-through cable for this, or perhaps just an adapter to convert one end of a guitar cable to 3.5mm.
    Striving to be ordinary

Forum Member

The LT25 and LT50 (I have both) do not support Bluetooth or WIFI so you can't stream into it or out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by E Beau View Post
    The LT25 and LT50 (I have both) do not support Bluetooth or WIFI so you can't stream into it or out of it.
    Correct. Direct cable in (from the guitar) and direct cable out (from the headphone port) are all that are possible.
    Striving to be ordinary

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Today's platforms allow users to watch or stream live or previously recorded video of the streamer's gameplay, that is, of the person behind the workflow. Streaming
    often includes audio commentary or any other audio accompaniment. In the video itself, you can often see the user himself. It's quite handy for learning to play musical instruments, as in your case. So if you need such a platform, I can advise you https://www.joincombo.com. I would like to hear the opinions of other users of this platform. Are you comfortable using it for teaching purposes?
    Last edited by Cogs; 07-16-2022 at 01:02 PM.

TFF Stage Crew

Quote Originally Posted by TristanCurtis View Post
    Today's platforms allow users to watch or stream live or previously recorded video of the streamer's gameplay, that is, of the person behind the workflow. Streaming
    often includes audio commentary or any other audio accompaniment. In the video itself, you can often see the user himself. It's quite handy for learning to play musical instruments, as in your case. So if you need such a platform, I can advise you https://www.joincombo.com. I would like to hear the opinions of other users of this platform. Are you comfortable using it for teaching purposes?
    I hate you

If it has a line out or headphone jack that might work.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim