Thread: The Thread For Super Bowl Sunday 2022T

The Thread For Super Bowl Sunday 2022T

Hola! It's Super Bowl Sunday. And if it weren't for me typing it, I'd hardly know it. In fact, typing it here is probably the last time I'll even think about it, as I have no interest in American football any more. This evening I plan to be listening to the weekly broadcast of Night Tides while comfortably settled down and reading a good book.

I have been chatting with the builder of my custom guitar. He's been sending out new works all over the world, and promises to get mine out soon. It's coming up on a year since I began working with him on the specs. In the meantime, Winter and Spring are battling it out for supremacy. We've had a couple of bright, sunny days with temps in the 60s, yet today it's snowing. They're calling for 1-2 inches of the stuff, but it's not likely to hang around, and so far hasn't stuck to the roads. We all know how this struggle works out in the end, anyway.

There have been some very good threads here lately, and is it just me, or is traffic up? If you're new to the site and reading this, stick around! We have a great community and an unlimited supply of expertise and opinion!

Enjoy the day, everyone! Stay safe!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: The Thread For Super Bowl Sunday 2022T

Yeah, Super Bowl Sunday is not one of the important days of my life. The only reason I’d watch it is if I was in a pool and hoping my numbers would come up. No numbers this year so probably no watchee. I do hope the Bengals win it to bring some joy to their team town.

This really is a very strange winter. Yesterday morning it was 1° and this coming Wednesday it is supposed to be around the mid 40s and there is virtually no snow on the ground. I used the leaf blower to clear the little bit of snow we got from three of the days we actually did get snow since Christmas (there was none prior to that holiday).

The odd winter will hopefully continue into spring as I got an email from General Motors that my new Corvette is nearing a production date and it would be nice to be able to drive it if it shows up at the local dealer by Easter.

I didn't know this was SB weekend. I don't even know who's playing.

Work today. Life in retail. Better than life on the street.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Visiting a church for second time today. Excellent musicianship/singing in worship. Not sure how much I could get to play as they are deep on guitarists and bassists. Found another one where the quality is excellent that I visit next week.

Thinking on trimming the herd. Right know the White Falcon may go. I’ll just put TV Jones in my Doozy.
    Mark

It was in the 60s yesterday. I smoked some ribs and chicken, helped my son put a cam in his Vette, and went for a walk with my wife. It's 30 and snowing today. About an inch so far. Considering that it's only February, it may stick and stay for a few days. We finally got rid of almost 1ll of the 24" of snow that we got 2 weeks ago!

My favorite weekly TFF thread.

I don’t watch American football, but maybe I should. IIRC our Ken Fortunato is a Green Bay Packers fan.

Slept in this morning, had breakfast and went shopping for groceries with my wife. Later on we’ll prepare homemade burgers for dinner.

Good to “see” y’all!

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    I didn't know this was SB weekend. I don't even know who's playing.
    +1

I dunno shit about basketball.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

I enjoy the super bowl party atmosphere. Not sure what I'm doing this year. we are having a cloudy wintry type of day, random snow showers possible any time. I want to go to my GC and take one of my guitars and try that Victoria again. I'm giving real serious consideration to having some 6L6 tubes glowing in my basement. I want to see what financing/layaway options are available. Give it a good thorough looking over.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Ended up visiting the other church today as well. Too big. They have 3 services, there was a solid 3-4K people at that one service.
    Mark

Not only did I forget it was Superbowl Sunday; I forgot it was Sunday! We've been working on a grow tent in the basement and that took up all our time this weekend. I did watch the game - took a break to go online during the halftime show. I wasn't really invested in either team, so I read a book while the game was on. Holding my own on my weight loss. Hovering around 162 (goal was 160, but this seems to be where I'm sticking). I'm feeling a whole lot better than I did at 205!

I'm hoping to take a day off this week and go down to volunteer doing some work on the Amistad.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Holding my own on my weight loss. Hovering around 162 (goal was 160, but this seems to be where I'm sticking). I'm feeling a whole lot better than I did at 205!

Nice! I'm a believer in the idea that the body has a specific "set point" it likes to be at. As a runner, I found that my body tended to stick at 153. I've been up to 165 and as low as 146, but even though I'm not trying, I can step on the scales right now and it will read 153.

I can lose more weight if I want to, but then I find I'm having to watch every morsel and it become laborious. Quality of life is more important to me than three pounds!
    Striving to be ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Not only did I forget it was Superbowl Sunday; I forgot it was Sunday! We've been working on a grow tent in the basement and that took up all our time this weekend. I did watch the game - took a break to go online during the halftime show. I wasn't really invested in either team, so I read a book while the game was on. Holding my own on my weight loss. Hovering around 162 (goal was 160, but this seems to be where I'm sticking). I'm feeling a whole lot better than I did at 205!

I'm hoping to take a day off this week and go down to volunteer doing some work on the Amistad.

I’ve been losing weight too. Still got some pounds to go but I’m doing all right. Finally fitting in a 30/34 Levi’s 501 again.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    +1

I dunno shit about basketball.
    I’ve never even seen a football home run.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    I’ve been losing weight too. Still got some pounds to go but I’m doing all right. Finally fitting in a 30/34 Levi’s 501 again.
    30/34???? I thought you were a short dude, Sérgio. I guess you roll up the cuffs?
    Striving to be ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    30/34???? I thought you were a short dude, Sérgio. I guess you roll up the cuffs?
    I am.

We don't always have many sizing options here, since Levi's are imported (my guess is that they don't import all the available sizes and models in production). I often buy whatever lenght is available and have it properly tailored to my size.

Forum Member

oops

Quote Originally Posted by ryfender View Post
    oops

Welcome to the forum!