Thread: Amazon deliveries to my exposed front stoop instead of the nice covered porch. WTF?

Amazon deliveries to my exposed front stoop instead of the nice covered porch. WTF?

I ordered some health supplements last week, as I was going to run out in about 10 days. Many other delivers came during that time. Today I was wondering where the heck it was. I looked on 'orders' on Amazon and the note says "delivered to front door on Jan 25th"

WTF?? They would have had to step over a snow bank and walk up an unshoveled front walk to get to our front door. Like 25 feet away is a double wide, nice and clear driveway leading up to a nice covered porch by the kitchen door. I was lucky the winds were so strong they blew most of the snow off the package, which was white by the way and only the blue Amazon print alerted me to its existence.

I know they probably use contract drivers a lot, but come on, seriously? Leave it on an exposed door stoop vs a protected porch? How fucking stupid do you have to be?

First world problems, but I just wanted to vent
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: Amazon deliveries to my exposed front stoop instead of the nice covered porch. W

Same thing happens to us on occasion. We have a front door that we seldom us- the light is off and I don't clear the snow from it and a porch door that's also on the front of the house, has a light on after dark, and is accessible from our driveway. The instruction on Amazon's site is to use the porch door. We still get deliveries at the front door on occasion. Maybe not this week- there's a 4 foot high snow bank in front of it!

Re: Amazon deliveries to my exposed front stoop instead of the nice covered porch. W

Perhaps there’s some sort of psychological explanation?

Maybe the dudes see the front door as the house’s ‘main’ door, or something.

There are some housing developments (mostly townhouses) I've seen where the "front door" is placed in such a way that for one enter it, one has to walk around the building. The main entrance is actually through the garage or access door off the street where cars are parked. I often wonder if anyone ever actually uses the "front door?"
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

we never used the front door at our old house of 55 years and we don't use the front door here at the 'new' house. It's not where our cars are i.e. by the driveway. If there's a door there, it just makes bloody sense to use THAT door. Not the one you have to trudge over sod or snow to reach.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Happens all the time with us. They walk past an open garage door to walk through the snow to get to the front door which is never used.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim