I actually got out of the house today. I stopped at Tradeland, a pawnshop in the south end retail district. The guitar rack was 25% or less of its usual capacity. Zero cases available. The locked display case of mics and pedals was practically empty. The sparse population of amps had some surprisingly high prices. The prediction of covid purchases being dumped by people returning to work/school is premature, at least for now.

I also went to Guitar Center. I had a jones to try a real Fender Telecaster, with the three barrel saddles. Of the 12-15 they had, only 2 were traditional bridges and one of those was a humbucker neck model. The Tele I did try had fret sprout on a maple neck all the up and down, and a fairly massive amount of relief. Enough so that it was quite out of tune down the neck. The neck was surprisingly fat. But due to the cheese grater action, the razor wire fret ends and the tuning issues, I didn't play it very long. I played it through a Super Reverb, I don't know if it was broken but on 7 it wasn't very loud.

I think I saw one car with NH plates, the rest were all MA plates. I was a stranger in my own land.