Thread: A looper where?

Forum Member
    Colville, Washington (way north of Spokane)

A looper where?

Howdy folks, first post/thread. I have the Fender Mustang GTX100 amp. Love the amp, wish this little powerhouse had been available years ago, now I'm looking at my pedal board that is no longer really needed. Sad part is the amp was less money than the pedals I have purchased over the years, oh well. However, the onboard looper is limited to 60 seconds with overdubbing possible on the amp. I have a Boss looper with better capabilities/options. Question, where to put the looper. My first thought is to place it in the effects loop out/in. The Mustang has a stereo effects loop and the Boss is a stereo looper. Would this be a good place to put the looper since it's the last part of the "chain"? Other option is using a mixer to run everything through, but not my first choice. Thanks for any advice. Sorebones.

Re: A looper where?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorebones View Post
    Howdy folks, first post/thread. I have the Fender Mustang GTX100 amp. Love the amp, wish this little powerhouse had been available years ago, now I'm looking at my pedal board that is no longer really needed. Sad part is the amp was less money than the pedals I have purchased over the years, oh well. However, the onboard looper is limited to 60 seconds with overdubbing possible on the amp. I have a Boss looper with better capabilities/options. Question, where to put the looper. My first thought is to place it in the effects loop out/in. The Mustang has a stereo effects loop and the Boss is a stereo looper. Would this be a good place to put the looper since it's the last part of the "chain"? Other option is using a mixer to run everything through, but not my first choice. Thanks for any advice. Sorebones.
    Looper goes in front of amp.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim