Thread: Fender Sidekick Reverb 25 Reverb Tank

Forum Member

Fender Sidekick Reverb 25 Reverb Tank

Hello, I have the Fender Sidekick Reverb 25. My issue is the reverb tank needs to be replaced. The original Fender part # is P/N 025269 . Does anyone know what replacement tank would work for this amp. Also, there are 2 other sets of numbers on the tank, but I believe this is the correct part number. Thanks Jerry.

Re: Fender Sidekick Reverb 25 Reverb Tank

Quote Originally Posted by RollinAlonG View Post
    Hello, I have the Fender Sidekick Reverb 25. My issue is the reverb tank needs to be replaced. The original Fender part # is P/N 025269 . Does anyone know what replacement tank would work for this amp. Also, there are 2 other sets of numbers on the tank, but I believe this is the correct part number. Thanks Jerry.
    Hey Jerry, have you confirmed the reverb tank itself is not working, rather than the electronics inside the amp? If you can borrow a reverb tank from someone and hook it up to your amp, you should be able to confirm the electronics inside the amp controlling the reverb are still working, even if the reverb tank you test with is not the correct one (it may not sound great, but you should hear reverb)

I have a solid state Fender amp from that era, and it has a 9 1/2 inch long Accutronics reverb tank. I don't see any part numbers on it, just the patent numbers.
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

A Google search for "Fender 025269" lead to this-

https://www.amplifiedparts.com/produ...decay-3-spring

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    A Google search for "Fender 025269" lead to this-

https://www.amplifiedparts.com/produ...decay-3-spring
    Based on the picture and the size, that's the one in my Princeton Chorus. It actually sounds pretty good. If the OP has access to a multimeter, he could see if there is resistance on the pins from the input to the output. If there is a dead short or no resistance, then the unit is probably dead and not worth repairing unless you have good soldering skills.
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Smith View Post
    Hey Jerry, have you confirmed the reverb tank itself is not working, rather than the electronics inside the amp? If you can borrow a reverb tank from someone and hook it up to your amp, you should be able to confirm the electronics inside the amp controlling the reverb are still working, even if the reverb tank you test with is not the correct one (it may not sound great, but you should hear reverb)

I have a solid state Fender amp from that era, and it has a 9 1/2 inch long Accutronics reverb tank. I don't see any part numbers on it, just the patent numbers.
    Yes, I was able to try out another reverb tank and the reverb worked with it, so the problem is with the tank itself. There are 3 sets of numbers on the tank #1 is 620001 #2 is SR-01542CE and #3 is P/N 025269 These are the original Fender numbers on top of the tank.