Thread: History of this forum

Forum Member

History of this forum

Just a question: first off, I had some trouble logging in after a couple of years not having visited the forum. I also failed on "what is Strat short for" and entering "Stratocaster" failed until I found that it is [Deleted by TFF Admin] :) . Also I believe to remember that there has been a differently looking forum I've been in before. That had a "tweed amp lookalike" background pattern and was at fenderforum.com, IIRC.

Anyway, have users and contents been moved into this forum over from there?

I also had another trouble with my old account. Since I had this problem with giving the secret answer to that Strat question
    I decided to create a new account. I then found that the old username was using the same email address that the newly created one (the one I'm posting under now). I'd rather use my old username, ChristophK [User Name Changed to Preferred by TFF Admin]. But I cannot login under this name any longer. It says that the email is unknown, when I try to go through the password renewing dialog.

I did some posts in the past in the old fenderforum.com. Especially I'm searching a thread where it was about a twin reverb humming and the hum zero trim pot. I would have liked to dig out this conversation if it has been taken over at all from the old fenderforum.

--
    Christoph

Re: History of this forum

IIRC it’s not the same forum. The other one you mentioned was shut down indeed, and any relation to this one is unknown to me.

Anyway, welcome! Stick around!

Re: History of this forum

That was an entirely different forum. No relationship. This forum was developed from the Les Paul Forum. There was a time, many, many years ago, when a lot of people from the other Fender forum came here.