Thread: Having my cake and eating it!

Having my cake and eating it!

Last spring, I traded my Mesa/Boogie Mark Five:25 1x10" combo for a Music Man Cutlass RS HSS.

I didn't regret the trade- I really like the guitar, but I thought the Cutlass would sound really great with the Mark Five:25 and wished that I still had it. I finally found a used one at a great price and bought it.

I was right! They sound really great together!

Re: Having my cake and eating it!

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Last spring, I traded my Mesa/Boogie Mark Five:25 1x10" combo for a Music Man Cutlass RS HSS.

I didn't regret the trade- I really like the guitar, but I thought the Cutlass would sound really great with the Mark Five:25 and wished that I still had it. I finally found a used one at a great price and bought it.

I was right! They sound really great together!

How is that guitar wired, Don? Standard 3 pickups with 5 positions master tone master volume or does it feature a blender?

Re: Having my cake and eating it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    How is that guitar wired, Don? Standard 3 pickups with 5 positions master tone master volume or does it feature a blender?
    Standard 3 pickups with a 5 position switch with a master tone and a master volume. It has 500k pots with a 470k resistor added in series in positions 2 through 5 so the humbucker "sees" the 500k pot and the single coils "see" 470k. There's no coil tap on the humbucker and it doesn't need it.
    It has a quiet coil system with an always on buffer that works really well, but sounds bad with my Fuzz Face style pedals. That's unfortunate, but the guitar more than makes up for it in other ways.