Thread: Fender Bronco on CL ... yikes

Fender Bronco on CL ... yikes

I was doing my semi-weekly CL sweep for Marshall products. Where at least half the items are not Marshall and many are not even amps.

Local guy is selling a minty Bronco for 1100 dollars. Yes, I know that's the asking price. He has a lot of other nice stuff, all on the high side as well. I get it, mark it high, likely settle for less. But a Bronco? 1100 dollars? You couldn't give it away a couple decades ago.

Which reminds me, I've got a few guitars I've been meaning to put up. Now I have a car again, I can go to meet people.

What are y'all thinking about selling? I don't think I'll be selling any of my amps, in fact I'm inclined to add more instead.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: Fender Bronco on CL ... yikes

It looks like might be about an hour from me (kinda hard to tell by they're ads). That looks like a nice amp, but in my experience, these don't sound like $1100 when you play them. A decently built clone of a tweed Champ sounds much better, but that's just my opinion, and the clone can get expensive as well.

I dig the '70 Les Paul Deluxe they have for sale!

I've been adding amps, but I need to stop. I have no desire at the moment to sell anything major, but need to seel a few things to pay for my latest acquisition.
    Last edited by Don; 01-11-2022 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    What are y'all thinking about selling? I don't think I'll be selling any of my amps, in fact I'm inclined to add more instead.

I have a couple of 2013 Gibson Future Tribute SGs I never play, and my Martin DJr-10E has replaced my OMC-15ME. Those are the top candidates. I have the Alvarez DELTA00-TSB listed on Reverb. One nibble, but that's it. Sorry, No amps.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

YEah, I see that guy all the time - has tons of stuff up there in all different catagories.
    I haven't looked the |Bronco up to see what BlueBook or vintage guide are estimating, but I'd say that's pretty high.
    At this point I hvae a couple things on radar, but I don't know if I'll pull the trigger.
    |I;m considering moving my Marshall JCM900 along - I like it and all, but my big complaint is that if you have it set to sound good clean, it doesn't sound good dirty, and good dirty doesn;'t sound good clean. I've tried it as a clean amp, paired A/B/Y with by 75 Marshall JMP and it doesn't work so well togethr. |Set dirty A/B/Y with one of my other clean amps (Bedrock 1200 series) it does better....
    But I don;t know what I'd replace it with. Definitely not a fan of Boogies, though I like their tweakability. |I played a PRS Archon ages ago, and I liked it, at lest for the few minutes - I haven't played the new version.
    And boutique is not in my wheelhouse, finances wise.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

Forum Member
    Harrodsburg, KY (soon to be Southport, NC)

I have a minty 1967 Blackface Twin Reverb I plan to take to the Cincinnati Guitar Show, in March. Original tubes and caps, Jensens, foot switch, paperwork and Victoria Luggage slip cover...

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

That's a gorgeous specimen, Mark. You should move it quickly.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

That is a beautiful amp. Is the guarantee still valid?
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Smith View Post
    Is the guarantee still valid?
    That amp was built in an era when the one-year warranty was seldom needed. Back then, Fender built them right the first time. Most claims were speaker-related and involved the Bassman. The 12T6 Oxford was simply not up to the task and the optional JBL D120F fared little better. That issue was finally resolved by replacing the amp's 12-inch guitar driver with a bass-specific 15-inch speaker in early 1969.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."