Thread: No sound from Amp with new Acoustasonic Strat

Forum Member

No sound from Amp with new Acoustasonic Strat

I just got my American Acoustasonic Strat, charged the battery completely, plugged it into my amp and there is now sound from the amp. I plugged my Squier Strat into the same amp with same cable and got all kinds of sound. Checked the volume on the Acoustasonic, all 5 positions, both A and B. Still nothing. DOA Guitar???? Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by pgreen7436; 12-25-2021 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Added Subscription

Re: No sound from Amp with new Acoustasonic Strat

Did you try a different cable in case that one doesn't seat in that particular guitar?
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Forum Member

I didn’t try a different cable but I didn’t push it all the way in and got sound. This is a fender cable and works with all my other fenders without a problem. I bought a new cable and will see if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by pgreen7436 View Post
    I didn’t try a different cable but I didn’t push it all the way in and got sound. This is a fender cable and works with all my other fenders without a problem. I bought a new cable and will see if that works.
    That suggests to me that there is an issue with the jack connection in the guitar. Kenny's (@FrankJohnson) suggestion to try a different cable is the logical next step.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!