Thread: Fender Strat so you know what model is this

Forum Member

Fender Strat so you know what model is this

I'm looking to see if someone can help what specific model is this one:

Serial is fender MX18052274

Re: Fender Strat so you know what model is this

Well, the MX prefix denotes a MIM guitar. This suggests it was built in the 2018-2019 time frame. It may be a Vintera or Player series, but I can't be sure. One of the more experienced heads here will likely know.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Just one picture won't really tell us much.
    Could be any of several different models.
    Like OldStummer said, it's a Mexican-made one,
    Though I found a |Fender Serial Number lookup and it came up as
    1 MX18052274 0144512515 PLAYER STRAT LH MN PWT 05/2018

https://serialnumberlookup.fender.com/lookup/
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

Forum Member

Thats what I needed, not sure what pwt is though.

thanks for the information 🎸

Quote Originally Posted by daniloreyes View Post
    Thats what I needed, not sure what pwt is though.

thanks for the information 🎸
    PWT = Polar White
    Striving to be ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    PWT = Polar White
    That Fender serial number site is nice!. Does anyone know what the W/C stands for in my Strat's product description?
    AM STD STRAT RW WHT W/C
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Smith View Post
    That Fender serial number site is nice!. Does anyone know what the W/C stands for in my Strat's product description?
    AM STD STRAT RW WHT W/C
    Just a guess: With Case
    Striving to be ordinary

Just a guess: With Case
    Hmmm, then I guess Guitar Center owes me a case. I'm looking at the 1996 price list, and the last 3 digits in the Model # indicate whether the guitar comes with a case (7 or 8) and the final 2 digits are the color. If the first of the last 3 digits is a 7, then it comes with a standard case, if it's 8, deluxe case. 5 would be no case.

I typed my guitar's serial number in Fender's lookup tool and it gave me the Model Number. My last 3 digits are 780, so it should have come with a case, and it's Arctic White. (they got the Arctic White part right).

Oh well, I bought a Musician's Friend case for it and it's been doing fine for all these years.
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

I believe you can send an email to customerrelations@fender.com with the serial number and product info and they'll return a spec sheet to you.
    Striving to be ordinary

I believe you can send an email to customerrelations@fender.com with the serial number and product info and they'll return a spec sheet to you.
    The serial number lookup function on the link provided above gave me all of the information I needed. Looking further at the invoice for my guitar that was purchased from Guitar Center in June, 1996, they changed the model number so the last 3 digits are 580, indicating no case included. I didn't know that was an option with the American Standard Strats. The invoice does reference the correct serial number on the guitar. But I only paid $550, and the price list for 1996 lists it at $930. Below is a screen shot from the price list I was quoting earlier. Interesting how much you can discover on the internet these days.

Good ol' Guitar Center. Not.
    Striving to be ordinary

Good ol' Guitar Center. Not.
    Over the years I have purchase a lot of new and used equipment from them. I still have a Tascam M320B mixing board that I purchased used probably 20 years ago, and it has been used on many recordings. Now it is connected to my Pro Tools interface and a Behringer 8 channel A/D converter so I can record 16 tracks at once, although I seldom need to do that. I remember going into the store once and they had a pile of guitar cases stacked on the floor with a price tag of $5 each. I picked up a Fender Bass case, which only needed some glue to re-attach the interior lining to the case. I gave it away when I sold my Fender Jazz Fretless Bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Smith View Post
    Hmmm, then I guess Guitar Center owes me a case. I'm looking at the 1996 price list, and the last 3 digits in the Model # indicate whether the guitar comes with a case (7 or 8) and the final 2 digits are the color. If the first of the last 3 digits is a 7, then it comes with a standard case, if it's 8, deluxe case. 5 would be no case.

I typed my guitar's serial number in Fender's lookup tool and it gave me the Model Number. My last 3 digits are 780, so it should have come with a case, and it's Arctic White. (they got the Arctic White part right).

Oh well, I bought a Musician's Friend case for it and it's been doing fine for all these years.
    I used to work for guitar center, and at least at that time, 1998 - 2002, we'd separate the case out. BUT WE'D ADJUST THE PRICING TO COMPENSATE.
    So for an American Standard Strat, list price would be $1000 w/c (making up numbers here, I don't remember the list) allowing for 30% off street price of $699.
    |We'd separate it out, so the list would show $900, with a street price of $599, and the stock case would be $100. You weren't locked into that case though. The Am Std had the molded case, you could upgrade to the rectangular Tolex one for $120, or to a gig bag for $50 or whatever.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

I bought a 2019 SG Standard from GC new, it came with the hard foam sided gig bag. Quite a nice one as a matter of fact. Heck, I even got the original shipping box. Don't know how I managed to finangle that except I probably bought the guitar on the same day they unpacked it. Might explain why it was in such good shape.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

It wasn't my intention to turn this into a bash Guitar Center thread. I suspect each store is different. I have only been to three: One in Texas, one in Virginia and one in Boston (just across the street from the Berklee School of Music). I expected the one in Boston to be superior to the others, but it was just as the others: A disinterested sales staff, crap on display, and nothing to entice anyone to part with their money. Maybe for the kid shredders who like to come in an wail away it would be a great place, but I personally found it/them wanting.
    Striving to be ordinary