Thread: I Did It Again!

I Did It Again!

Flush with the success of my debut performance last week, I decided to give it another go. This time, wanting a guitar that has a bit more voice to it, I dredged out my Martin OMC-15ME and practiced with it all week. I had to get used to the longer scale, but I needed to use a capo so my voice would fit one of the songs, and I needed to play 12th fret (now 15th fret) harmonics. I only had eight minutes this time, so I played my rendition of David Crosby's Triad and the Beatles Maxwell's Silver Hammer. I got a loud round of applause at the end of the set, and afterwards, the emcee came up to me and told me I was a "monster guitar player." Considering he's no slacker on the fingerboard either, I took that as quite a compliment.

Next week they'll have amplification, but fewer slots to fill, since it's "showcase night." I'd like to perform a couple of Christmas instrumentals I'm working on (Bing Crosby's I'll Be Home For Christmas and a jazzy version of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen). I could get used to this!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: I Did It Again!

Getting out there and doing your Bidness......THAT is the deal!

Great news and I Love the Adrenaline share on this! It makes it all worth it doesn't it?
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    Flush with the success of my debut performance last week, I decided to give it another go. This time, wanting a guitar that has a bit more voice to it, I dredged out my Martin OMC-15ME and practiced with it all week. I had to get used to the longer scale, but I needed to use a capo so my voice would fit one of the songs, and I needed to play 12th fret (now 15th fret) harmonics. I only had eight minutes this time, so I played my rendition of David Crosby's Triad and the Beatles Maxwell's Silver Hammer. I got a loud round of applause at the end of the set, and afterwards, the emcee came up to me and told me I was a "monster guitar player." Considering he's no slacker on the fingerboard either, I took that as quite a compliment.

Next week they'll have amplification, but fewer slots to fill, since it's "showcase night." I'd like to perform a couple of Christmas instrumentals I'm working on (Bing Crosby's I'll Be Home For Christmas and a jazzy version of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen). I could get used to this!
    Really happy for you that you’re getting out there and playing! I’ve passed 60 years of playing on stage and I still get nervous about those first couple of tunes and get a large charge out of being recognized for what I do. Keep doing what you really enjoy as we only get one life cycle to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    Really happy for you that you’re getting out there and playing! I’ve passed 60 years of playing on stage and I still get nervous about those first couple of tunes and get a large charge out of being recognized for what I do. Keep doing what you really enjoy as we only get one life cycle to enjoy it.
    Striving to be ordinary

I can’t congratulate you enough, my friend! I am really happy for you.

And being a solo act has its advantages, such as not having to deal with butthurt bandmates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    I can’t congratulate you enough, my friend! I am really happy for you.

And being a solo act has its advantages, such as not having to deal with butthurt bandmates.

Thanks, Sérgio!
    Striving to be ordinary

Fantastico!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison