Thread: Lawd, It's Autumn On A November Sunday (thread)

Lawd, It's Autumn On A November Sunday (thread)

I may now be perceived as the guy who keeps posting "The Sunday Thread" because it seems no matter how late I get here on Sundays, I'm rarely beaten to it. I think it's less popular now than it used to be, but then the same thing might be said for TFF, so once again, here I go.

Two long work weeks in a row ended on Friday, and I'm looking for a little down time. I have a couple of days on Wednesday and Thursday, but the time between will be easier paced. I wonder if getting up for teaching online is similar to getting up for performing on stage. I certainly feel like I have to be in the spotlight when I'm teaching. All I know is that at the end of every day I'm teaching, I feel the need to unwind.

My focus this weekend is to work on the pieces I hope to perform at the open mic night. It won't be this Tuesday, as the club is holding a concert instead, but the week after (right before Thanksgiving) is my target date. I actually got out of bed last night when I couldn't fall asleep right away and practiced them again!

The change in season has had the expected change in humidity. The humidifier in my guitar room is gulping water at a much higher rate now. I also find my hands are drying, so moisturizer is now close at hand. Maybe I'll change the strings on my Taylor today, as they now seem to sound a lot "muddier" and aren't staying in tune like before.

So, a down time, lazy Sunday. No baseball on TV, and I've completely lost interest in other sports, so I'll get outside for an hour or two, and spend the rest of the time with the guitar and maybe a book. What are your plans for today and the upcoming week?
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Lawd, It's Autumn On A November Sunday (thread)

One of the reasons I burned out on teaching was having to be on stage all the time to teach people resistant to learning.

Im interviewing for a job today that would pay the bills. Blew an interview this past week and could kick myself for it. Learning occasion though.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I stayed in on a Saturday night, a rarity for me. Played guitar because my brother wasn't home. He's been away since Thursday and I've been taking advantage of that. Boy, am I rusty. I've barely played guitar in the last 2 months. I want to sell some and I need to choose which. I probably picked a bad time to sell as we are getting into the holiday season, so I hope people are looking for guitars as gifts.

I'm up early and getting ready to go watch football at a friend's house. Can't spend too long on the computer. Starving and the only thing to eat is half of a meatball sub. Not just for breakfast anymore, as I always say.

Still car-less and we're coming up on 2 months since I've sent the probate court petition. I've got an appointment in late Dec that I need a car for or I have to cancel.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Wow, it’s snowing outside, those big, fluffy flakes that coat the trees and bushes with a thick cover of snow. I’m really happy that our remodel job was completed last week while the weather was dry with temps that ran into the 60’s. It was seven weeks of our front door standing wide open as contractors came and went.

I got the word this week that in July next year we will be playing another Bryan Lee Day in his hometown of Two Rivers here in Wisconsin. That will, hopefully, be the beginnings of making this an annual event to honor my old friend and bandmate, The Braille Blues Daddy.

Hope all have a great day.

Tomorrow is a holiday here. Lazier Sunday than usual, but I’ll spend the afternoon in a studio, wiping the mold off the songs we’ll finally practice together on Thursday. Can’t believe the band will get together and play again after nearly a year!

Anyway, woke up late and had my usual coffee fix after getting a proper shave (one of the pleasant moments of my day) with my new Wilkinson Sword safety razor (the old one was in bad shape after a maid let it fall).

In the evening I’ll make a video call with the guys to brief them on my own song so we can practice it next Thursday. Hope I can record and stream it soon on Spotify and such.

Have a nice Sunday, friends!