Thread: Meguiar's to polish frets

Meguiar's to polish frets

I'm asking in a lot of different forums. Somewhere I have a bottle of Meguiar's that I bought years ago, to put a final mirror-like glaze on frets. Once you work through the grits of the Fret Erasers (220-8000) this puts the smoothness over the top. It took me hours to find the Fret Erasers, which I had been using in the apartment. The bottle was packed 2 years and 2 moves ago. I have neither the time nor energy to find it now.

All the google searching talks about paint finish swirls, or exhaust tips. There are dozens of products by them. I just want to go to Pep Boys and get one. Somebody suggested jeweler's rouge, but not where to get it.

I'd like to finish these frets before restringing the guitar, and I'm not in the mood to wait days for delivery. What Meguiar's do I want for my frets?
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: Meguiar's to polish frets

Maybe Mirror Glaze. Other than a once over with Gorgomyte at string changes (which makes them nice and shiny), I don't polish my frets.

Re: Meguiar's to polish frets

these frets needed a polishing, they were nearly black. I found my bottle of Meguiar's. Thankfully I label my boxes, often with a date of packing. I was able to find some from before the first move when I started packing. After about 7 boxes, #8 had the Meguiar's in it. Woot. Saved myself about 9 dollars.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"