Thread: Long Shot Question: Line6 AMPLIFi

Long Shot Question: Line6 AMPLIFi

A few years ago I bought an AMPLIFi 30 amp by Line6. This lunchbox-sized 30W solid-state modeling amp is actually quite nifty. I haven't been playing with it much recently, but I'm now looking at making my public "debut" at a local open mic night, and so I'm beginning to renew my acquaintance with it.

This open mic night allows each performer eight minutes, which includes setup time. I figure the AMPLIFi would require the least amount of time (turn it on, plug in and go). There are a couple of tones available that work well with my acoustic-electric guitars, so if I can get them stored on the amp ahead of time, I won't have to use my phone or iPad, I can just turn on the amp, select one of the presets and off I go.

So here's the issue: I don't know how to save a tone to a preset. The manuals are really badly written, and Line6's web site/forums are useless (it appears the AMPLIFi line has been dropped by Yamaha/Line6, and by most of the forum folks, as well.

Does anyone here know how I can find and set a tone on my phone/iPad and then save it to one of the four presets on the amp? That's my question.

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Long Shot Question: Line6 AMPLIFi

Your friend, the Google has the answer.

Page 6 of the manual.

Line 6 AMPLIFi 30/75/150 Pilot's Guide - Rev B, English
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Thanks. I already have the three manuals that address the AMPLIFi 30. Here's the snag:

To Save a Favorite Preset: After setting one of the Tone Control knobs, the LED for the current Tone location A, B, C and D will slowly flash to indicate a settings change has been made, but not yet stored.• Hold the TONE button down for 2 seconds and release. All four LEDs flash quickly. AMPLIFi is now in Save Mode.• Press the TONE button repeatedly to cycle through LEDs and release to land on a target Tone location. The target LED will flash quickly.• Hold the TONE button down for 2 seconds and the target Tone location LED will stop flashing. The Tone is now stored.

NOTE: Preset saving on the AMPLIFi amp is temporarily disabled whenever there is an active Bluetooth connection with an iOS or Android device with the AMPLIFi Remote app in use.

When I adjust a tone on my phone or tablet and then save it, I'm offered to save it to AMPLIFi 30. But it seems all it's doing is letting me save the tone to one of the 100 presets IN THE APP. They don't seem to copy over to one of the presets on the amp itself.

I am trying to get a favorite (or two or three) on the device itself so I don't have to have my phone connected to the amp via Bluetooth while I'm playing.
    Striving to be ordinary

Well, it turns out the venue for the open mic night has all of the sound equipment necessary. There is amplification (with an interesting, curious "sound board" that looks like a tablet), mics, stands, chairs, and even a keyboard. I spoke briefly with the sound engineer about effects, and he said, "We add a little reverb." How about a touch of chorus, I asked. Can do, was the reply.

So, I don't need to take my Line6, cables, or anything other than my guitar (and tuner).

Next week the club is holding a concert, so the next open mic night is two weeks away. Plenty of time to work on my material!
    Striving to be ordinary