Thread: The Sunday Post for 17 Octobrrrrrr

The Sunday Post for 17 Octobrrrrrr

Yep, as Mother Nature has a way of doing, she gave us a final blast of summer weather yesterday and has now let the autumn chill move in. We haven't yet had the first frost in my neck of the woods, but the temperatures both low and high have dropped about 20°F and are expected to remain that way. I've been enjoying the cool mornings and seasonal weather, but now it's time to pull out the sweaters.

The new management at my company has everybody attending sales training - whether one is in the sales field or not. The idea is to have everyone understand the concepts and processes sales reps are expected to follow, so I have a homework assignment I'll be working on today. It's a PowerPoint presentation. I'm glad I know how to use the program, so for me it's going to be all about content and not having to struggle with software. Today will be a good day for it.

I now find myself going between three guitars for my daily playing. My Taylor is still #1, but the Breedlove and Gretsch are close behind. I enjoy playing all three. I played a bit on my short-scale Tele yesterday, but as usual, my laziness usually kicks in and I find it just easier to grab an acoustic.

A morning drive to church, then a leisurely day working (PowerPoint), playing (guitar) and getting outside for some exercise. Life is good. Or, in the words of Witchi Tai To, one of the songs I'm hoping to bring to my family, "Makes me feel glad that I'm not dead."

A good Sunday to all!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: The Sunday Post for 17 Octobrrrrrr

OS, good morning! You mention sales, and my ears perk up. After having been an academic for 30 years, I'm in retail, and I've found that I love selling, and I'm good at it. Never thought I'd like it, and now I want to sell bigger things. I'm limited in this area, but there are some places a man can work and make enough nickel to buy a snow cone. My niece sells retirement plans to academics, and I'm considering going into that. I love working with the public and getting them what they need or want. I'd love to have some sales training. I'm working on personality and instinct, and I'm sure I have a lot to learn that could help me to be a better sales dude.

Yesterday, my son married a wonderful girl from a dear family. Persians who came to America when the Ayatollerooni fu***d up even more than the puppet Shah. So they came to America and worked like dogs and contributed to our culture and are caring people with a deep sense of social responsibility. I'm very happy that my son has made this union. They are 30 years old and in love, and life hasn't broken them yet.

Here are a couple of photos of the festivities.

My son and his love and my ex, his wonderful mother (we co-parent so well together.)

See that handsome guy? I'm the other one. That's my boy, of whom I couldn't be prouder.

The bride was beautiful

If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

congrats to the boy, CW

Phase 1 of the demolition is complete. I spent yesterday cleaning the filth and fiberglass insulation crumbs off the concrete walls. Killed the pair of gloves I had bought for the project, but fortunately I bought a second pair. Today will be moving the stuff out of the music room zone into the cleaned demo zone. If that doesn't overtax me, I can start taking down trim and outlet plates, etc of Phase 2. Might even get a few panels down. Probably finish around half-time of the 4:25 game. Shooting for a Wednesday or Thursday finish.

See my general practitioner this Friday, get the paperwork for my medicinal card filled out. I asked the agency why do people with chronic conditions have to keep reapplying every year if they have a lifelong condition and was told the state legislature has approved a 3 year extension for those patients. Unfortunately they have to cross the t's and dot the i's as they garble it into legalese and that won't be until next year at the earliest. It's still a money grab but reduced to 33%.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Spending the Sunday with the wife at home.

Today is the band’s anniversary. We’re having a video reunion later to celebrate.

Congrats to James and his beautiful bride!

Thanks, guys.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Congratulations to you and your son CW!

It has been a hectic two weeks since the remodel of our kitchen and bathrooms started. The work is supposed to be completed the first week in November so I’m really hoping we stay on schedule. I’ll add a photo of our gutted kitchen from last week.

The dealer called telling me that tomorrow I get to put in my order for a 2022 Corvette…Yippee!

The Miata got some care this weekend- oil change, tire rotation, and brake and clutch fluids flushed yesterday. Wash, clay, and wax today. I was going to polish it as well, but it's been a while and my products had dried up!

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    The Miata got some care this weekend- oil change, tire rotation, and brake and clutch fluids flushed yesterday. Wash, clay, and wax today. I was going to polish it as well, but it's been a while and my products had dried up!

Consider a ceramic coating instead of a wax job. I did my mine with a kit from
    AvalonKing and yesterday, just to see how well it works, I simply hosed down my car, then took a leaf blower to it. The water just rolled right off! Ten minutes, and my car was sparkling like it was new.
    Striving to be ordinary

Congratulations to your son, Willie!
    Striving to be ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    Congratulations to you and your son CW!

It has been a hectic two weeks since the remodel of our kitchen and bathrooms started. The work is supposed to be completed the first week in November so I’m really hoping we stay on schedule. I’ll add a photo of our gutted kitchen from last week.

The dealer called telling me that tomorrow I get to put in my order for a 2022 Corvette…Yippee!

That’s some piece of work, my friend. What
    exactly are you planning, what’s the project?

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post

how often do you clay it?

Thanks, OS, Laker, Dan and Sergio and the rest of you

i won’t say that I’m seriously hoping for grandchildren now, but I already have a room made as the perfect goodnight story room, with all kinds of children’s books. Seriously, Only when they are ready for kids, However far in the future. .

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Thanks, OS, Laker, Dan and Sergio and the rest of you

i won’t say that I’m seriously hoping for grandchildren now, but I already have a room made as the perfect goodnight story room, with all kinds of children’s books. Seriously, Only when they are ready for kids, However far in the future. .

Enjoy this, my friend. A lasting and happy family is something not all of us manage to achieve.

Let the young ones take their time and be there for them, that’s about it. This is all about happiness and easy going.

my 2 cents.

And a fine piece of advice those two cents are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    That’s some piece of work, my friend. What
    exactly are you planning, what’s the project?
    Sergio, right now our kitchen and two upstairs bathrooms are totally gutted for a complete remodel. Actually, our kitchen has gotten to this point as of a day or so back (the flooring is now going in).

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    Sergio, right now our kitchen and two upstairs bathrooms are totally gutted for a complete remodel. Actually, our kitchen has gotten to this point as of a day or so back (the flooring is now going in).
    I myself love home renewing, my mother did that several times when I was a kid. New furniture, new chairs... I myself never went through that process as an adult as my previous marriage was a wreck and me and my wife are just about to celebrate our first anniversary, but it feels so good when we add something new or change something in our home.