Thread: Good times at the Guitar Expo!

Good times at the Guitar Expo!

I went to the New England Guitar Expo last weekend near Hartford CT to sell a few guitars.

Sold all 3 in about 10 minutes. No dickering. One guy tried. I just turned and sold it to the next guy! I don't negotiate.

Sold a Squier '51 Precision, a 2008 PRS SE-1, and an Epiphone "Inspired by Gibson" Les Paul. Real nice guitar.

I buy gear over several months and then sell it for a profit. Love doin' a little pickin' on craigslist and fb market place. You can still find the occasional great deal!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Re: Good times at the Guitar Expo!

Pretty cool, Bob.

Was this Epi you sold one of the most recent ones with the Kalamazoo headstock? I’m kinda curious about those.

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    Pretty cool, Bob.

Was this Epi you sold one of the most recent ones with the Kalamazoo headstock? I’m kinda curious about those.
    Yes. It was the "Inspired by Gibson" Epiphone Les Paul with the normal headstock. It was a really sweet guitar that played and sounded great. I bought it right, with the intention of selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob View Post
    Yes. It was the "Inspired by Gibson" Epiphone Les Paul with the normal headstock. It was a really sweet guitar that played and sounded great. I bought it right, with the intention of selling it.

Burstbuckers, I assume? I’ll try one of those next time I go to a music store.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele-Bob View Post
    I bought it right, with the intention of selling it.

I wish I knew how to do that. I probably wouldn't have as many guitars today.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post

I wish I knew how to do that. I probably wouldn't have as many guitars today.
    Ba ha ha! Takes a lot of courage!

I went to the one this spring from the same organizers, in Natick, MA. Nicely put together, though there were fewer vendors and customers than I was expecting, though with "all this" going on, I shouldn't have been surprised.
    I sold one of my guitars, had another I was thinking about, but didn't find any takers at what I would have wanted. |They've already committed to next year, and |I hope it'll be better then.

As far as the Inspired By goes, I got an LP Junior last month and I'm really digging it. Great guitar, nicely put together. My only issue is that the pickup is too far from the strings - almost 10MM. I ordered a set of shims from MojoTone to get it up where it needs to be. Right now the sound through distortion is good, but the clean tone is anemic to say the least. Raising the pickup should help this immensely.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.