Thread: Sunday Mawning thread

Sunday Mawning thread

So, it seems that I get to start this week’s Sunday thread.

Long holiday here in my town. Got some chores and some office work to do tomorrow but nothing too stressful, thank our Lord.

Spent the Saturday watching Stephen King’s Castle Rock on Starz with the wife.

Slept in this morning and will stop by my old folks’s later to see how they’re doing and have a couple of beers with my dad.

Man, it feels like it’s been like months since I opened a guitar case. Can’t wait for the band to start practicing and hitting the road again.

How are you guys doing?

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Re: Sunday Mawning thread

Actually took the gig off today. I needed a break. I think it’s the 5th or 6th week off I’ve had this year. Just been crazy with work and trying to get the house ready to sell.
    Mark

It looks like it's going to be a rainy day here. I've got a friend/former bandmate coming over so I can solder a Strat pickguard assembly for him. It should ba a nice visit.

Thanks for the thread, Sérgio. I spent the evening with my grandkids and their parents last night, then went to church this morning and did a little grocery shopping. Went for my daily walk today, as the weather is gray and spitting moisture; I thought it best to get it out of the way.

I have to say that my new Breedlove acoustic is definitely a keeper! After sitting for a bit to get acclimated, it now plays and sounds great -- remember, it's a small guitar, so it doesn't have a deep voice, but that's not my first wish, anyway. I do note that it doesn't have traditional fret markers on it, so I'm having to get used to intuiting the proper frets. The 14-fret neck plus the cutaway are just the thing for me when I want to play up on the neck. An E9 on the 11th fret sounds chimey without me having to cramp my fingers to make it!

The season for watching sports is over for me, so I'll probably spend most of the rest of the day playing my new Breedlove and watching some old movies. Ah, it's Sunday -- my day of rest!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

I had planned to get up early and make a trip to Home Depot for some wiring caps and duct tape, might look for a portable light system so I can shut the power off and work safely on some receptacles, sockets, former bathroom exhaust fans etc. At the halfway point on the dumpster rental, not saying that I'm taking my time but I still want to pick up the pace a tad. Last night I worked until 9 PM, on a Saturday.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

We’re starting week number three of the remodel of our kitchen and two upstairs bathrooms. My wife and I have been living in our family room where we have a full bath with a small refrigerator and counter-top microwave in the garage just off the family room. I think the worst day was when the contractors were busting up the tile floor in the kitchen and hallway with some kind of air hammer. I’m looking forward to the end of the project when we get a new panel-matched fridge in the back bar and custom lighting in our family room bar.

One of these days I’m going to have to really do some serious practicing so we can get out and gig again.

Btw I forgot to mention that I found Maple Syrup in a local supermarket. Very common in the USA but a very rare and expensive imported treat here. Besides pancakes and waffles, what do you guys suggest we pour it on?

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    Btw I forgot to mention that I found Maple Syrup in a local supermarket. Very common in the USA but a very rare and expensive imported treat here. Besides pancakes and waffles, what do you guys suggest we pour it on?

Scrapple. Grits. But both are uniquely American too, so you may have difficulty find them. You can also use maple syrup on baked hams, I believe.

Check this out:
    https://www.myrecipes.com/ingredients/best-maple-syrup-recipes

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    Besides pancakes and waffles, what do you guys suggest we pour it on?
    Vanilla ice cream.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Sergio, that's funny to me because I live in NH, school kids go on field trips to maple syrup huts every year. In spring everything is maple this and maple that. Kind of like when in the Fall, everything is pumpkin spice this and pumpkin spice that.

One anomaly is one Fall, I found maple Oreos, which are INSANELY delicious. Never seen them since 2019. Which reminds me, i should look again.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Late to the party.
    My Sunday morning was splendid an that I had a visitor of the female persuasion and didn't actually get out the door until 11:00 for a motorcycle ride and lunch.

Great start to a great day!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.