Thread: NGD! Breedlove Organic Signature Series Companion CE Hollow Body Acoustic-Electric

NGD! Breedlove Organic Signature Series Companion CE Hollow Body Acoustic-Electric

In what is probably the fastest turnaround in my personal guitar history, I've fallen out of love with the Alvarez I recently purchased, and have replaced it with the guitar in the subject line, which has to have the longest-ever name I've seen for a guitar!

That's the problem with shopping on the Internet. Sometimes you find something you think is just the thing and it's not, and then without even trying, you find exactly what you want. That's how I feel about this Breedlove.

The object of my search was a 14-fret small-bodied guitar that would fit between my Gretsch G9500 "Jim Dandy" and my Taylor GS Mine-e Koa. Now, I confess, smaller guitars have become the object of my affection, so it should come as no surprise that the four guitars currently within reach are my Taylor, the Gretsch, my short-scale Fender Telecaster, and now the Breedlove. It is, in fact, a tad smaller than the Gretsch (but due to Breedlove's headstock, about 1/2" taller). The neck is also narrower at the nut. My small fingers really like this. The neck is mahogany with an Indian Laurel fretboard, the fret markers are very muted in color, so I have to get used to seeing them, but that's the only negative comment I have about it.

Now, to figure out what to do with the Alvarez...

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Re: NGD! Breedlove Organic Signature Series Companion CE Hollow Body Acoustic-Electri

I preferred the optics of the Alvarez.

I hope this one floats your boat.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Re: NGD! Breedlove Organic Signature Series Companion CE Hollow Body Acoustic-Electri

Quote Originally Posted by phantomman View Post
    I preferred the optics of the Alvarez.

I hope this one floats your boat.

I won't argue the optics, but this one is head and shoulders above the Alvarez in terms of playability.

Unlike the Alvarez, this one and I bonded with immediately!
    Striving to be ordinary

sawzall for the Alvarez?

it's my cure for everything these days!! Toothache? Sawzall. Psoriasis? Sawzall. Dice some potatoes? Well, you get the picture
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I realize the photo of a light-colored guitar on a light-colored wood isn't aesthetically the nicest thing going, so I decided to take another using a darker backdrop. I hope this shows the guitar better. By the way, I'm really liking it now that it's acclimated!

Striving to be ordinary

It's a beautiful guitar, and I'm sure that a finish like that looks better when you're actually looking at the guitar. Glad you found one to please you.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison