Thread: Safety Razors

Safety Razors

Ok, I plead guilty: Sometimes (or most of the time) I use this place as a personal blog. No harm intended, and anyway if there’s an off topic section I’ll use it. I like to shoot the breeze.

Anyway: I recently had a good laugh when I read the news online and found out that the latest trend regarding men’s grooming was… safety razor blades. Yes, the good double edge safety blade and its related shaving gear. Cut throat style straight razors as well.

They’re calling this stuff “eco-friendly” because guess what: they’ve finally found out that using plastic disposable cartridges produces more garbage and is more expensive. Duh…

I’ve always liked double edge razors. I like taking my time to get shaven with good stuff. Plus, a good safety razor shave willl likely be smoother and cut free than most modern stuff will provide.

Re: Safety Razors

I'm even more eco-friendly. I grew a full beard during the COVID lockdown, so I don't use a razor. I've had facial hair most of my adult life, but this time I let it all hang out!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Safety Razors

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    I'm even more eco-friendly. I grew a full beard during the COVID lockdown, so I don't use a razor. I've had facial hair most of my adult life, but this time I let it all hang out!
    I grew a full beard during the lockdown but by late summer I was trimming again with a one blade beard trimmer. Every couple months or so I take it all down except for the sideburns, which I have trimmed by my hairdresser when I get my hair cut every 4-5 months.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"