Thread: The Vogon construction mothership is at hand ...

The Vogon construction mothership is at hand ...

prepare for doom. As in the sound of debris hitting a big ass metal box. I'll have pics later today. Just realized I can't find my safety goggles and mask, so I'm heading to homeless despot in a bit. Also my car is in the way of the giant swinging door, a recipe for something, disaster sounds a little bit hyperbolic. I may call AAA and get it started so I can put it elsewhere.

Call me ... the demolition man.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: The Vogon construction mothership is at hand ...

Somewhere, Arthur Dent is having a strange sense of deja vu

The big question is, do you know where your towel is?
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by jrgtr42 View Post
    The big question is, do you know where your towel is?
    absolutely, I'm a cool frood. it's on the tool table in the tool crib. The second most important part of any construction project apart from the workers.

welp, wore out the Harbor Freight power driver in 4 days. Wouldn't hold a charge worth a shit, the motor lost any resemblance to torque and the battery charger 'cap' wouldn't go onto the battery anymore.

Going to Home Depot and buy a real tool. Figures, I was there once today already when I walked/took bus and bought some sawzall blades and a nail puller.

that sink in the festering biohazard aka the bathroom was such a bitch to get out. I hate anything to do with plumbing, just not in my wheelhouse. Bent two blades on my sawzall before I sidestepped and cut the 2x4 in several places and smashed it out of the way with a sledgehammer. Brute force prevailed.

wanted an air compressor, looked at a few. chose a cordless version by Ryobi. turned out to be a mistake, definitely underpowered and it didn't even last 4 hours on a fully charged battery. took it back and got a corded Porter Cable 6-gallon pancake tank. This will not be underpowered

Vile business today. After taking down the paneling the other day, today was take down the rotted, nasty, filthy 50-year-old insulation. Wore a respirator. When I was finished for the day, went to use the cordless air compressor to dust myself off when I found it was dead and empty. Ended up stripping in the basement and putting the clothes I was wearing right into the washing machine.

Man, it was about 77 degrees today and I sweated like a pig. So glad I didn't do this during the heat of the summer

Tomorrow, I take down the framing. I had hoped to save it for my build out but the workmanship was shoddy and I'm being kind. Not to mention the base plate was sodden and moldy.

Demolition Dan

The Vogon Fleet will be here tomorrow to rejoin the mothership to the armada. She is loaded and locked up, countdown commencing.

I'm so freaking tired. 5.1 today miles according to my phone, and that doesn't even begin to count the energy expended. It was all ceiling and flooring today. Tomorrow I do nothing. Friday I have a doctor appointment. This weekend I start sanitizing the basement and contents.

The prolific nature of the rodent poop and the number of nests I found makes me quite hesitant to do a build out for a long time, until we can ascertain the rodent problem is over. A mouse is a cute adorable little creature. Mice are a goddam pestilence.