Thread: It's Sunday, September 26, 2021. Gee, It Seems Like Only a Week

It's Sunday, September 26, 2021. Gee, It Seems Like Only a Week

I get to start the Sunday thread! Again.

Last night, I unpacked my new acoustic guitar (see the NGD thread). It's been sitting overnight, so I'll give it a tryout. One thing I'm almost certain of is that I'll have to lower the bridge; the strings seem too high for me over the 14th fret. Maybe a simple filing down will do it. I haven't messed around with a guitar in quite a while.

Fall weather seems to have dropped. The last few days have been nothing short of phenomenal! Low morning temps in the 50s, highs in the 70s. Low humidity (which means refilling my guitar room humidifier more often). Since I have another training to conduct starting tomorrow, I've been spending the weekend just playing guitar, reading, and stretching my legs in the beautiful weather.

Here's hoping everyone has a great Sunday, and that your upcoming week is off to a good start.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: It's Sunday, September 26, 2021. Gee, It Seems Like Only a Week

Sunny Sunday here.

Feeling better at last, after fighting this very unpleasant post-COVID stress disorder for weeks.

Hoping to have a good week ahead of me.

Good to hear you got your new acoustic, Fred! Are there pics?

looks like today is going to be a super nice day, sunny 72. Looks like it's going to be clear tonight. I had read that we were to get a geomagnetic storm on Sunday but I don't know if that meant after midnight saturday into sunday or after midnight sunday into monday. Unless it's a whopper, we still don't get aurora borealis here.

got a dumpster due to be delivered this Friday. Started Thursday preparing the cellar, going to do more today. Ordered plastic sheeting, tape, trash barrel, bags. Should get an angle grinder and spare blades for my sawzall. I don't feel like leaving the guitars down there but there really isn't room for all of them up here. Five months of anticipation. I have 15 days before I have to start paying extra for the dumpster, but at the same time, I don't want to over-extend myself physically.

should hit the store, although I hate shopping on Sunday and especially during football season but there is nothing to eat in the house. ought to grill today early, the sun sets almost at 630 now and will lose another hour by the end of October, then bam, daylight savings ends.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

We went to the last outdoor Providence flea market of the year. It was a beautiful day for it! I bought some rice noodles and chicken from a Burmese fusion food truck. It was very good!
    Last edited by Don; 09-26-2021 at 10:53 AM.

We had a fun day yesterday going to a small car show and watching some fools do massive burnouts. Evidently, this is an annual event for this rural bar and grill and those present seemed to enjoy it. For me, there’s no way in hell I’d beat on my vehicle like that, but these guys were all running big horsepower engines so I guess they were designed for the abuse.

Tomorrow our builder will be here at 7:00am to remove our appliances and begin the demolition of our kitchen and two of the bathrooms as we begin the remodeling project that we’ e been planning since February. For the next 30 to 45 days there will be a lot of dining out.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    We had a fun day yesterday going to a small car show and watching some fools do massive burnouts. Evidently, this is an annual event for this rural bar and grill and those present seemed to enjoy it. For me, there’s no way in hell I’d beat on my vehicle like that, but these guys were all running big horsepower engines so I guess they were designed for the abuse.

Tomorrow our builder will be here at 7:00am to remove our appliances and begin the demolition of our kitchen and two of the bathrooms as we begin the remodeling project that we’ e been planning since February. For the next 30 to 45 days there will be a lot of dining out.
    90 days later "They said just a few more weeks and they might be done"

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    It's not the engines that would concern me. It's the tires. When you're smokin' 'em up, you're burning off the tread. I'd pay over $1K for a set of four (although I'd only be burning two). Silly waste of money, if you ask me.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    It's not the engines that would concern me. It's the tires. When you're smokin' 'em up, you're burning off the tread. I'd pay over $1K for a set of four (although I'd only be burning two). Silly waste of money, if you ask me.
    +1

Not to mention trannies, clutches, u-joints, differentials, etc etc.

It goes without saying, some folks just got more money than brains.

"When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    I just checked Tire Rack and a pair of rear tires for our Vette would run around $1120. There is no way I would intentionally destroy those tires. During one of the big burnouts I think I listened/watched the idiot for over a minute as he slowly rolled past the crowd with the tires constantly smoking away. At least it kept the mosquitos down for a bit.

It's brisk, first fleece jacket and gloves night. I tried for about an hour earlier to see the borealis but there's 3 growing cities to my north, 30 years ago it was just the further of the three. Way lot of light pollution, I want to see a dark sky location so much, just to see what my eye can still see.