Thread: The Fender Esquire

The Fender Esquire

Here are a few of my Fender Esquire clones I've put together...

Born in Fullerton, California in 1952

Re: The Fender Esquire

Those are awesome! I've been feeling a need for an Esquire with a rosewood fretboard!

The Esquire/Broadcaster/Nocaster/Telecaster is my favorite guitar, and nothing against Fender's products, but for me, they're better built than bought. They're kinda like a Ford Model A roadster hotrod to me. The 24 stud flathead V8 motor is a tweed amp that you build yourself as well!
    Last edited by Don; 09-23-2021 at 09:45 AM.

I have a squier esquire that I bought from Sweetwater, it's a pretty decent guitar that needed a fret polish to be a pretty good guitar. It's not very light, IIRC being about 9 pounds

OP - your esquire with the red tortoise pickguard is a lot like a tele build that I have yet to assemble, same color scheme. Eventually I'll get it done, much to do before, though. I have a set of CV50 tele pickups from early in the MIC era.

Don - I hear you about building one yourself. At the moment, I think I have a both a maple and a rosewood tele neck available, but it's been years since I put everything away.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Ten miles from the Mexican Frontier, in Arizona

Impressive and beautiful, all.

I'd be hard-pressed to pick a favorite.
    "When injustice becomes law then rebellion becomes duty."

TFF Stage Crew

Nice work! Building your own guitar can be an extremely satisfying endeavor

Very nice grouping. Did you build from scratch or purchase parts? If so, where'd you get them?
    Other than pickguard color (and the one sunburst, [edit: and the RW neck on the other]) is there any differences between them all, or are they basically identical?
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by jrgtr42 View Post
    Very nice grouping. Did you build from scratch or purchase parts? If so, where'd you get them?
    Other than pickguard color (and the one sunburst, [edit: and the RW neck on the other]) is there any differences between them all, or are they basically identical?
    I assembled these Esquire replicas from parts and each represents a certain year. The Desert Sand with red tortoise shell guard is a '53, the Sunburst with Black guard and gold hardware is a '59, the White Blonde with Black guard is a '65, and the Faded Sonic Blue (appears to be white in the photo) with White guard is a '67. Each of them have genuine Fender bodies purchased from "The Stratosphere" on eBay. The necks are vintage spec by AllParts. All of the hardware is genuine Fender vintage reissue stuff sourced from various vendors, including Steve Melkisethsian at angela.com, guitarpartsresource.com, and eBay. The output jacks are all Electrosockets. The pickups are Fender USA Original Vintage. The nuts are by GraphTech. I finished the nut slots myself. The decals are genuine Fender, applied over the finish, and were sourced many years ago from "Kozax's" who advertised them in Vintage Guitar Magazine.

The main difference between these guitars is the saddle choice; brass, threaded, and plain steel versions.

Thanks for asking about these guitars.
    Born in Fullerton, California in 1952

Pounding that "like" button like a red-headed stepchild, woot !!!
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Sweet guitars! I love the sustain and bite of an Esquire.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.